Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I'd happily leg Patterson for Kabore.

Could keep both with Godfrey perhaps being sold and Coleman a mascot at this point.

£10.9mil for Kabore seems a good deal though, like Godfrey seems weak at the back post when an attack is coming through the opposite side

What is source on this rumour? Been out of the loop for the last week.

See below

Everton want to sign FC Metz midfielder Lamine Camara in a deal worth £8.4million this summer, according to Jeunes Footeux.

Writing on their website (18 June), the French news outlet report that the Toffees are keen to sign the Senegal international after Metz were relegated to Ligue 2 in the 2023/24 season.

Hopefully this is true

I imagine Ndidi would want a fair wedge, don't think we should be going back to that type of deal.
I'd imagine if we have offered him a contract the importance of going into BMD in the Prem will mean we go with known quantities rather than gambling on younger players with long-term potential.

We certainly could sell a player who is actively in the EUROs in theory? But there are loads of complications, for example the player might not want to entertain negotiations whilst abroad, the clubs have to somehow arrange a medical, the national FAs have to allow the player to leave the training set up, and so on and so on. So yeah, if Onana was going to go, it would probably already need to have been agreed, and realistically it would have leaked by now (and/or he would've already moved on).

The proof of this being a rare thing can be seen if you look at the list of all the transfers in English football in summer 2021 - if you can find any big moves of a player who was at the EUROs, who then moved between the 11th of June and the 11th of July 2021 (EURO 2020 dates).
Thanks for the thoughtful reply, well articulated.

We certainly could sell a player who is actively in the EUROs in theory? But there are loads of complications, for example the player might not want to entertain negotiations whilst abroad, the clubs have to somehow arrange a medical, the national FAs have to allow the player to leave the training set up, and so on and so on. So yeah, if Onana was going to go, it would probably already need to have been agreed, and realistically it would have leaked by now (and/or he would've already moved on).

The proof of this being a rare thing can be seen if you look at the list of all the transfers in English football in summer 2021 - if you can find any big moves of a player who was at the EUROs, who then moved between the 11th of June and the 11th of July 2021 (EURO 2020 dates).
I read UEFA had banned transfers during this Euros, that's the issue.

Would be funny if we got Harrison, Phillips, Ndidi but also the young lad from Villa with him being the only one we actually pay for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back