Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

3 definitelys šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ we were selling Branthwaite for buttons next week if we donā€™t sell anyone according to you yesterday
The ITkā€™s have spoken. Go and sit down fella.
I really like Swiss Ramble, he knows his numbers.

But.

He's not an ITK, he's just somebody who can add up and his numbers are based on pure guesswork and assumptions.

I really hope he's right and we only need to wait 10 days to find out.

If there is a gap between us and them, it's a gap that both of those clubs were able to overcome within a very short period of time having been in our position not long ago, and they both coincided with positive takeovers of the respective clubs (Newcastle and Villa).

I hate this idea that Everton's recovery must take far longer than their recovery, and that our recovery has to come in the form of incremental improvement over several years, and that we are incapable of replicating the swift improvements seen at Villa and Newcastle.

Dyche will probably get another season, but it's just a matter of time before our new overlords replace him with an upgrade imo.

But even with Dyche, I think we created more than enough chances to score winning goals last season, and the reason that we never did was more due to our attackers being donkeys than our style of play.

Sort our attack out and we can compete with the likes of Newcastle imo, never mind Brighton, who finished on the exact same points as Everton last season.

Im like a broken record but if we had signed Wharton in Jan for Ā£18mil we'd have Pickford, Wharton and I expect Branthwaite all in the England squad after the euros.

As weve seen with certain players, just the addition of one quality player can quickly improve the team.

This summer we may find another Wharton or who knows who that could propel us up the table. Thats the beauty of football.

So if we keep Branthwaite, sell Onana, sign this Tim fellow and resign Harrison....

I expect our priorities then are 2 wingers(one purchase one loan), MAYBE a CM, and then a striker(assuming DCL gets sold). Not even sure they would attempt to do anything about RB this season. So 2 purchases, 1 loan, and maybe 1 more purchase for the first team, and then a few youngsters. While a little underwhelming I think keeping the backline intact and just improving the wing/striker play sees this squad top half.

The interesting thing is going to be who we sell. The likes of Branthwaite, Onana, Godfrey and DCL we dont know what will happen with them and the Dobbin deal + Keane, Maupay and the likes too.

There are so many midfielders linked all of a sudden it could be that is our focus for the window and looking for instant replacements as well as those to takeover from Doucoure and Gana over the season.

This would be a good signing for us.

Aye, I still think the same. I reckon we need a decent sale, or teams to pay a few bob for academy players.

You think we'd take a points deduction before selling Branthwaite. I don't think the club will.

We'll sell him, if we can't sell others.

A reminder of what my opinion actually is;

And when we were linked with Tim Iroegbunam...

It's all the same thing - we need to sell, and sell this month.

I'm not a finance bore so like with Lukjanciks, I've no clue what Dobbin/other homegrown we'd need to sell but I think we'll need to see more than Dobbin leave.

Behind the scenes I reckon the club are doing their best to sell players like Onana first, and if they can't, DCL and if still no joy/we cant make it up with a few academy sales, if they're going to breach - they'll take a hit on Branthwaite.
However, if we sell Dobbin for 10m then we have nearly 60m in sales in this financial year already.
I don't know if that is enough.

However, if we sell Dobbin for 10m then we have nearly 60m in sales in this financial year already.
I don't know if that is enough.

There's an article that's just gone live on Inews and within that it says;

Their stance has been emboldened as they are starting to trade players elsewhere. Lewis Dobbin, the 21-year-old winger who played 12 times last season, is heading to Aston Villa, while midfielder Tim Iroegbunam is set for a Ā£9m move the other way.
Insiders believe that the terms of that deal ā€“ Dobbin is an academy graduate so represents ā€œpure profitā€ ā€“ would virtually eradicate Evertonā€™s PSR concerns and ease pressure on them to sell other players.

Nobody really knows other than the club, but if respect journo says we are only a "small hole" away then that gives me some hope. If it wasn't for the euros id say Onana would be off within a couple of weeks. Maybe he still will.

Id still expect us to get rid of someone but believe there is more probably of us not having to sell Branthwaite on the cheap anymore.

You could just be a normal person and say ā€œyouā€™re right, heā€™s never played central midfieldā€. Itā€™s a quite normal thing to just admit you made something up.

You win ;)

Is it too early to say Thelwell doing bits?

* runs *

Where and when has this "doing bits" come from?

Live a little. KT is cooking.

This "cooking" thing too...back in my day we had better slang ;)

I hope we can shift a few players out and see what Thelwell can do.

He's a massive blert FWIW

A fair few of them also said we'd be sound last time. Evidently they were wrong.

I pay no attention to anyone doing calculations with assumed figures.

Mentioning no names..."Everton will not face a 2nd charge"

There is absolutely no way of knowing these things -- the accounts include the ongoing payments and receivables for numerous players. Its not possible to know who has what in their contracts nor what clauses are in sales/signings.

I have seen some suggestions that due to his age (prime years now) and the fact he is now a family man that his agent is pushing for a big contract circa Ā£140-150k per week and what the club was offering was far, far less than that hence everything just stalled.

Moving this here so I dont go off topic :)

9 players out of contract next summer:

Dobbin
DCL
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Maupay
Doucoure
Virginia
Coleman
Gana

I expect we'll keep the bottom four but the top 6 all need to be sold.

With some luck we may be able to bring in Ā£50-55mil which, while it isnt a large amount it can be used for PSR allowing Friedkin to invest a larger amount of course covered by stadium income & other future sales.

Those salary 'demands' (if true) from DCL should be doable for Roma. Carrying Abraham and Lukaku's wages may mean they take him -- or of course a sale to a premier league side for Ā£25-30mil.

Godfrey has been linked to Serie A as well so perhaps there may be a deal done for him as well.

One thing seems certain and that is Friedkin has to invest both this and next summer.

Moving this here so I dont go off topic :)

9 players out of contract next summer:

Dobbin
DCL
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Maupay
Doucoure
Virginia
Coleman
Gana

I expect we'll keep the bottom four but the top 6 all need to be sold.

With some luck we may be able to bring in Ā£50-55mil which, while it isnt a large amount it can be used for PSR allowing Friedkin to invest a larger amount of course covered by stadium income & other future sales.

Those salary 'demands' (if true) from DCL should be doable for Roma. Carrying Abraham and Lukaku's wages may mean they take him -- or of course a sale to a premier league side for Ā£25-30mil.

Godfrey has been linked to Serie A as well so perhaps there may be a deal done for him as well.

One thing seems certain and that is Friedkin has to invest both this and next summer.
Hasn't Coleman said this is his last season?