Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Digne
Richarlison
Gordon
Kean
DCL

the trajectory suggests we will be losing Onana, Branthwaite and Pickford in the next 2 years

hopefully Dan and Co can stop this from happening
Think pickford stays the rest will go i have no problem player leaving we just need to get the best price and make sure to already have players in th club to step up. Branthwaite i would be looking at another cb this window so we can have a player ready step up when he goes. Is aleays going to be other clubs that will have to money ti get them

OUT
Dobbin £9m
DCL £25m
Onana £50m

IN
Iroegbunam £9m
Adebayo £15m
Minteh £25m
Kabore £12m

Improved squad imo. Spare change left over for a creative midfielder too.
Still leaves us very weak up front. Adebayo is fine but is deffo worse than DCL. Only Minteh improves creativity too. Eventually we're going to have to start scoring more than a goal a game.

Unpopular opinion but I think Beto would score more than Dom given equal game time. I get that Beto is a little bit ‘rough’ but he causes far more problems to other teams with his direct nature. Dom just didn’t have the killer instinct and he represents a time we need to move on from. Chermiti and Beto are the target men now but we need a clever, quick striker to complement them. Chuck Ndiaye in there too and we’ll be no worse off. Dom wasn’t ’next level’ striker so time to move on imo.

Unpopular opinion but I think Beto would score more than Dom given equal game time. I get that Beto is a little bit ‘rough’ but he causes far more problems to other teams with his direct nature. Dom just didn’t have the killer instinct and he represents a time we need to move on from. Chermiti and Beto are the target men now but we need a clever, quick striker to complement them. Chuck Ndiaye in there too and we’ll be no worse off. Dom wasn’t ’next level’ striker so time to move on imo.
Beto looked like he could be better suited playing when the ball is on the floor in higher tempo attack than hold up and aerially. He played the former style more for Udinese and saw success. It’s probably a bit of cope but I am holding out that he could do better in a tweaked system than focuses less on hoof ball 100% of the time

Their PL goal per minute was more or less identical but with Beto having far fewer minutes. DCL’s all round game is far superior but it is not impossible that if we inject more speed wide and at 10 (Ndiaye would really help) that Beto might match his Udinese 10 goals and he would look better in general play if the ball is lumped at him less often.

Beto looked like he could be better suited playing when the ball is on the floor in higher tempo attack than hold up and aerially. He played the former style more for Udinese and saw success. It’s probably a bit of cope but I am holding out that he could do better in a tweaked system than focuses less on hoof ball 100% of the time
No issue with Dom going as injured to much but Beto not the answer and hopefully goes as well … Need to replace both and hopefully Chermiti can kick on !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back