Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

No issue with Dom going as injured to much but Beto not the answer and hopefully goes as well … Need to replace both and hopefully Chermiti can kick on !
No I do agree, but in the short term if we get a bit of a faster attack it may not be the worst thing in the world to get at least the same amount of goals as DCL.

Beto looked like he could be better suited playing when the ball is on the floor in higher tempo attack than hold up and aerially. He played the former style more for Udinese and saw success. It’s probably a bit of cope but I am holding out that he could do better in a tweaked system than focuses less on hoof ball 100% of the time
looks to have a heavy toch though. Chermitti looks more the real deal to be honest in a system where the lone striker is often feeding off scraps

I'd be made up if we signed Minteh if im honest.

Type of player we have been CRYING out for. Direct, pacey, tricky, can pick out a man, can shoot. Completely get DCL if he has the chance to play in a decent team, if he aint signing then he's got to be sold.

Good PSR deal as DCL will be huge profit.

I'm already all in on Minteh.

I will be fuming when it doesnt happen.

Branthwaite + Minteh would be our two golden boys to Uniteds Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund.

Club being very prudent, solving two problems - PSR compliance this year (and keep Branthwaite for a future sale to keep us compliant in the next two to three years). Also solving issues of DCL wanting a pay rise with one year left.

Chelsea the other club interested alongside Newcastle

I suspect Chelsea are pushing the Broja rumour out there.

I really hate to say it, but having 3 strikers in DCL, Beto and Chermiti is a bit awkward for us. We’ve got so much money tied up in the latter 2 and regrettably, they’re the worst options. We would get such a massive PSR bump from selling DCL. If he was banging in 20 I’d be devastated but he’s just not clinical enough to make him untouchable. If we could get the PSR bump from his sale. Get a position of need sorted with someone like Minteh, then it may be a good solution long term. You’d pray that adding pace and creativity behind Beto could get him to at least DCL’s numbers per season. It’s the hopefully mindset, but I don’t think it’s completely unrealistic.

I really like Dom, but I think Branthwaite and Pickford are our only untouchable assets this window.

I think we'll add a couple of 'untouchable' assets this window and wont have 4 centre forwards.

I don't rate Broja enough to come in for DCL just not convinced by the lad.

All about Chelsea.

We wont be stopping there I think :)

OUT
Dobbin £9m
DCL £25m
Onana £50m

IN
Iroegbunam £9m
Adebayo £15m
Minteh £25m
Kabore £12m

Improved squad imo. Spare change left over for a creative midfielder too.

There will be more than this im certain.

Here's what I think...

Dobbin OUT = Iroegbunam IN
Harrison LOAN
DCL OUT = Minteh IN
Godfrey OUT = Kabore IN
Beto OUT = Bove IN
Onana OUT = Ndiaye IN
Maupay OUT
Holgate OUT
New Centre forward IN
New Centre back IN

Pickford / Virginia
Mykolenko / Young
Branthwaite / Keane
Tarkowski / New*
Kabore / Coleman
NcNeil / Harrison
Gana / Iroegbunam
Garner / Bove
Minteh / Mills
Doucoure / Ndiaye
New* / Chermiti

Here's what I think...

Dobbin OUT = Iroegbunam IN
Harrison LOAN
DCL OUT = Minteh IN
Godfrey OUT = Kabore IN
Beto OUT = Bove IN
Onana OUT = Ndiaye IN
Maupay OUT
Holgate OUT
New Centre forward IN
New Centre back IN

Pickford / Virginia
Mykolenko / Young
Branthwaite / Keane
Tarkowski / New*
Kabore / Coleman
NcNeil / Harrison
Gana / Iroegbunam
Garner / Bove
Minteh / Mills
Doucoure / Ndiaye
New* / Chermiti

No one is linked to Godfrey or Beto.

Again pointless selling Beto right now we would only lose money and we would need two forwards in, Chermiti needs a loan. Beto is very raw but he may adapt more next season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back