Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Fenerbahce are just time wasters.

They'd want us to pay for him to move there.

I think half of what we paid for Beto would be their record fee.
Even if they paid the fee quoted (which like you say is unlikely) it would do nothing for our PSR position so this wouldn’t be a priority anyway. Need to resolve PSR and DCL’s future first before considering options with Beto.

Well we could sign him from Peterborough for £3 million or so (a guess on my part) or let him go to Leeds, have a good season and then pay £25 million. We have to get out of the mindset that we can take the best players from the teams a tier below us, that's how we got into a ruinous financial situation. We need to buy young players before they've proved themselves, players who are out of contract, players from "emerging markets" or old players who still have something to offer. We can't buy proven players in the peak of their careers from England.
Buy him and loan him to Leeds for a year.

I’d be surprised we’d entertain any business with Fener given how much they messed us about for 2/3 seasons over Joey Yobo

Business people do not hold grudges like that. If a business opportunity presents itself, it doesn't matter about what happened almost 15-20 years ago. Besides, none of the people involved now would have been involved then anyway.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back