Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Leaving aside the scumminess of the source, this all seems very fishy to me. Lyon's record purchase is 25m Euros now they're bidding 40m Euros plus for a kid with one year in Holland under his belt? And given how weak Newcastle's PSR position is why would you blast straight in at their asking price when there could be a bargain from their desperation.

None of this adds up at all, massive games being played.

Still quite possible that a narrative is being spun that us and Newcastle have negotiated really hard and that's why we're paying such inflated fees when we eventually swap Minteh and DCL for 35m a head. The Lyon stuff does not stack up at all.
Yep

Doesn't make sense.
Everton asking price is 15.
A club has offered that ( why haven't we accepted)

And now Atalanta offer 10.

This chumps making it up.
Godfrey wants to go to Atalanta but not the £15m bidder. Good chance for example that it could be a Leicester or someone who’s set to go down again, if Atalanta want him he’d be smart to just wait for them.

Doesn't make sense.
Everton asking price is 15.
A club has offered that ( why haven't we accepted)

And now Atalanta offer 10.

This chumps making it up.
I doubt hes making it up, I just assume hes worded it very poorly.

And besides, somebody could have offered the 15m and we are making others aware that 15m is the price and they can feel free to beat it.

I dunno.

Or there is no £15m club and Everton have just said, or whoever he gets his info from at the club, to drive the price up to what EFC want. Either way I’d be happy with the £10m

Selling godfrey would be like throwing away that 'Get out of Jail Free' card in Monopoly. You are inevitably dissapointed when you draw it from the pile, it has no value while it sits next to all your property cards, but then suddenly you need it when least expected.
That tackle he did last year taking it off the toes of a goalscorer was outstanding.

Godfrey can still do a great job for us, much much more so than Keane or Holgate.

Approach Atlanta and tell them Holgate is godfrey's younger brother.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back