Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We aren’t signing a left back. Myko and Young are the two options there.

We need a CB, certainly if Godfrey goes so that will happen.

RB will likely be dependant on Patterson going.

But we still have like two months yet.
Yea, it's kind if make or break for Patterson. Either he's our number one RB and plays, or he's out on loan/sale and we get someone else in.
Definitely another CB if Goffrey goes, otherwise it's Keane and Holgate as cover (shudders).

I’d love us to move Godfrey out in the next day or two. Would put us in a stronger negotiating position for a deal with Minteh/DCL. Then we’d have time to get the best sale we can for Onana and look to secure deals for Greaves, DCL replacement, Onana replacement etc

We still have 2 for every position. The back ups are exactly that level really, barring Holgate who should never wear a blue shirt again. From a reality perspective, it will be one out, one in so we will have the cover, hopefully we can replace Keane and Holgate but at it stands losing Godfrey we would still have 2 to a position.

Whether anyone likes Thelwell or not, it is evident that he does have targets all around, and we appear to now be utilising that recruitment plan (I’m one of the believers that Moshiri interfered quite a lot).

People clamouring for a right back, but we have three at the moment. I can’t see us signing one unless Paterson goes.

Dyche clearly doesn’t fancy Patterson.

That leaves Coleman as first choice at 35/36 who I love but does now pick up his fair share of injuries.

That then leaves 38 year old Ashley Young.

Same at LB. If Mykolenko gets injured, it leaves Young.

For me the full back area is weak…

(Assuming Godfrey is sold)

That leaves Coleman as first choice at 35/36 who I love but does now pick up his fair share of injuries.

Another reason why Greaves should be signed. Much more solid back to to Tark and Branthwaite at centre back. We could also play 3 at the back when needed and have Garber / Mykolenko as wing backs (although not ideal)

I’d love us to move Godfrey out in the next day or two. Would put us in a stronger negotiating position for a deal with Minteh/DCL. Then we’d have time to get the best sale we can for Onana and look to secure deals for Greaves, DCL replacement, Onana replacement etc

Spot on, I still think Branthwaite will be sold, along with Onana. But if we do sell, it would be great to sell from a postiion of strength and not from pure desperation

I genuinely think he just slowed everything down…it was always about him, not the process

Apparently the old process was manager and dof decide on a player. Then they go check with the head of finance and get their okay, then go check with ceo (who didn't have a clue what they were doing) and took ages to get back to them and get their okay.

Then they'd have to go talk to the chairman who was in London and took ages to get back to them, then try to get in contact with moshiri to get his okay and hed take forever to get back to them and even demand they go see him on his boat sometimes, then the chairman would demand he take over negotiations.

Which would mean the person doing the negotiations was overseeing two companies and trying to negotiate transfer deals so it took forever.

Thats what I was told about it anyway.

These 2 dont exsist acording to @Nymzee

Daily mirror apparently suggesting it’s might offer lindelof and wan bissaka towards a deal for Branthwaite.

Both good defenders to be fair and if there was a decent fee on top then it could be put towards other positions.

Branthwaite is exceptional though - and the way Utd have tried to go about signing Branthwaite makes me really not want to do business with them.

Daily mirror apparently suggesting it’s might offer lindelof and wan bissaka towards a deal for Branthwaite.

Both good defenders to be fair and if there was a decent fee on top then it could be put towards other positions.

Branthwaite is exceptional though - and the way Utd have tried to go about signing Branthwaite makes me really not want to do business with them.
Lindelof is out of contract isn't he? He also always injured.

Oh

I agree that I dont think some of the options are good enough, but I was just reponding to the OP saying the depth is fine, it's just quality.

If we managed to get something for Patterson and replace him with someone whos A. Available more and B. Better quality, wonderful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back