Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

From a purely a financial aspect I’d say so.

Brighton can afford to lash 30 million on him.

I doubt we can.

Nothing to do with size of either club…
Our youth gambles will be in the £10-15m range for a little while longer, not £30m. Looks awesome and has a lot of what we need, but still unproven at the top level for that money with our budget.

If we are spending £30m on one player it will be on more proven, consistent quality that goes straight into the first team. Like Beto. 😭

The annoying thing about Brighton coming in for him is it just about confirms we should sign him, while also just about confirming we won't.

I still think there’s legs in DCL to Newcastle. Given the choice I’m confident Minteh would choose us over Brighton. New ownership, world class stadium on the horizon, fantastic city to live in….

How have we steadied the ship?

We were around relegation places, then we got the points deduction and ended up in the relegation zone.

Then we went 14 games without a win. How is that steadying any ship?
Dyche did a great job under the circumstances last year. His job was to keep us up in any way possible and he did that fairly comfortably in the end with a lot of stuff going on in the background which wasn’t his fault. He’s got the same job again this year and hopefully it will be a bit easier if there are no points deductions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back