Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

'Do as we say or Super League is back.'

It was the worst mistake the PL ever made in not punishing them properly.
They weren't punished because, like it or not, the "big clubs" hold the power in the Prem and the execs of the Prem who ride the gravy train for all it's millions know full well that without their prize assets on board, it'll devalue the product they sell for billions. Hence they get a mickey mouse fine, a slap on the wrist and it's go about your business as usual chaps.

Please let me know the striking prospect within our budget, available, proven with pedigree (not in a farmers league) and hasn’t had a recent period of poor form or injury.

If Broja had talent 2 years ago then it’s still there. This forum needs to stop being so knee jerk. One minute a player or manager is a must do transfer, the next he’s garbage. That’s not changing your mind in line with evidence, it’s just short term overreaction. If Broja was as bad as people were making out then Chelsea couldn’t demand the fee they do for him. Can’t wait for him to end up somewhere else, bang them in, and all the usual suspects go on about how we should have got him.
No idea, I’m not a scout. (I’m also not complaining about Broja necessarily but it’s a lot of money for someone with 8 PL goals in 3 seasons). But DCL cost 1.5m. There will be players out there.

Just to point out, Broja is far from proven. Chelsea have been demanding £30m for years and no one has ever been willing to pay it. They can demand what they like, doesn’t mean he is worth it.

Also. You say him having talent 2 years ago means he is still worth it as if it’s the next minute. It’s 2 years worth of evidence, not knee jerk.

Please let me know the striking prospect within our budget, available, proven with pedigree (not in a farmers league) and hasn’t had a recent period of poor form or injury.

If Broja had talent 2 years ago then it’s still there. This forum needs to stop being so knee jerk. One minute a player or manager is a must do transfer, the next he’s garbage. That’s not changing your mind in line with evidence, it’s just short term overreaction. If Broja was as bad as people were making out then Chelsea couldn’t demand the fee they do for him. Can’t wait for him to end up somewhere else, bang them in, and all the usual suspects go on about how we should have got him.
1. 2 years is a long time in the career of a footballer
2. You haven't factored in the effect of a serious injury
3. Chelsea can ask what they want for him regardless, doesn't make him worth it.

Whilst true, Beto is utter tripe mate.

No skill, awkward lump of a man. Will get a few goals
Beto is no world beater, but you also have to caveat by saying he doesn't get the game time DCL does. If Beto was working under an actual football coach who played him regularly not a hoofball merchant who gives him 10-minute run outs, he might be better. 22 goals in 65 games for Udinese is a very decent return. If he was given the game time, I'd wager he wouldn't go 20 games without scoring and would be worth more than half-dozen goals our first choice contributes.

They weren't punished because, like it or not, the "big clubs" hold the power in the Prem and the execs of the Prem who ride the gravy train for all it's millions know full well that without their prize assets on board, it'll devalue the product they sell for billions. Hence they get a mickey mouse fine, a slap on the wrist and it's go about your business as usual chaps.
They also changed the rules so it's a 30 point deduction if they enter discussions again

Beto is no world beater, but you also have to caveat by saying he doesn't get the game time DCL does. If Beto was working under an actual football coach who played him regularly not a hoofball merchant who gives him 10-minute run outs, he might be better. 22 goals in 65 games for Udinese is a very decent return. If he was given the game time, I'd wager he wouldn't go 20 games without scoring and would be worth more than half-dozen goals our first choice contributes.
I just think he is nothing more than a big galoot. Not a PL standard footballer or even close to it. £25m buying him (or whatever then number was) was absolutely insane.

I just think he is nothing more than a big galoot. Not a PL standard footballer or even close to it. £25m buying him (or whatever then number was) was absolutely insane.
It's pretty clear Dyche has no real interest in him being anything more than a 10-minute sub most weeks, so I can totally see him being sold to some mid-table Serie A side in a year or two. (Replaced by Chris Wood no doubt).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back