Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Best payday he's ever likely to get.

Bang average player.

Bugger off abroad.
Has a contract at Chelsea until 2028. Presumably on decent money too. Those long term contracts that they were handing out seemed like a good idea at the time FFP-wise, but just goes to show that if you make a mistake you'll be paying someone average good money for years and years, unless you can offload them. He's never looked that good to me when I've seen him and doesn't seem to be getting near to the Chelsea first team. Don't know why, but gives off a billy big nuts aura as well, which could be completely unfair. Anyway, hope we don't go in for him.

Should all transfer deal fees be made clear and obvious as to the amount that has been paid to clubs, and any sponsorship deals or naming rights so that everyone is aware of how much clubs are bringing in and spending? From a fans point of view it would make it clear as to how your club is performing money wise and not have to be listening to one report saying your club is OK when another is saying its in meltdown.

Should all transfer deal fees be made clear and obvious as to the amount that has been paid to clubs, and any sponsorship deals or naming rights so that everyone is aware of how much clubs are bringing in and spending? From a fans point of view it would make it clear as to how your club is performing money wise and not have to be listening to one report saying your club is OK when another is saying its in meltdown.

No? Everyone who needs to know, knows the numbers.

Not sure when the Kean deal was put through either, might of been on last years or the previous
i thought he was listed as transferred on July 1st 2023 on the Everton site. But that does not clear up everything i guess. Quick google Juve actviated it in March 2023 but not sure when we got the money.

Does Iwobi, going last August help? Maybe, why we didn't need to be selling our most sellable players?

I think we'll sell Onana after Belgium are out. Then hopefully have a few quid to buy a couple of decent buys.

Defitely helped mate, he was one of the most expensive players in the squad. Mina as well was ridiculously expensive.

We couldn’t afford him really, nor Mina or Gomes. Certainly not all three at the same time.

Three of them cost us about 30 mill a year in the accounts.

The combined wages of Dele, Gomes, Godfrey, Danjuma and Dobbin is approx £350k per week. Wiggle room
We are also likely to sell Onana which will probably save another 4m per annum or thereabouts. We also released a number of under 21 players which will probably save another couple of million.

Of course we will have the additional wage costs of the new players joining the club to counterbalance that.

I think the real saving in wages happened in the summer of 2023 when there was a big clearout of expensive players.

I think any savings now will be minimal.