Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Should all transfer deal fees be made clear and obvious as to the amount that has been paid to clubs, and any sponsorship deals or naming rights so that everyone is aware of how much clubs are bringing in and spending? From a fans point of view it would make it clear as to how your club is performing money wise and not have to be listening to one report saying your club is OK when another is saying its in meltdown.
You can see how much clubs are bringing in and spending in their annual accounts

You can see how much clubs are bringing in and spending in their annual accounts
You can to a point but it is significantly in arrears so this does not negate the point Timbucktoo makes re transfers where I think all fees and add-ons/sell-on, levies to PL, payments to other clubs, agents fees etc. could and perhaps should be fully and publicly disclosed.

Has a contract at Chelsea until 2028. Presumably on decent money too. Those long term contracts that they were handing out seemed like a good idea at the time FFP-wise, but just goes to show that if you make a mistake you'll be paying someone average good money for years and years, unless you can offload them. He's never looked that good to me when I've seen him and doesn't seem to be getting near to the Chelsea first team. Don't know why, but gives off a billy big nuts aura as well, which could be completely unfair. Anyway, hope we don't go in for him.
2028 ! crikey.

We really need to leave the 'Top 6' to their financial mistakes if we want to close the gap - not help them out.

Ipswich signed up Omari Hutchinson and Ben Johnson early.

One was a standout in them going up and the other is versatile option for right hand side.

Already more logical signings than what the promoted teams were getting in last summer.

I think Ipswich will do better than people expected or at least have a good start to the season before falling back down the table as the year goes on.

One was a standout in them going up and the other is versatile option for right hand side.

Already more logical signings than what the promoted teams were getting in last summer.

I think Ipswich will do better than people expected or at least have a good start to the season before falling back down the table as the year goes on.

I think they'll get absolutely obliterated personally.

To be fair everyone was gushing over Burnley’s transfer business and it got them absolutely nowhere.

It’s a massive step up and while Hutchinson on a permanent is a good signing for them in reality it’s also a big chunk of their budget just to stay the same as last year rather than improve.

They've got a baptism by fire with the RS and City back-to-back to begin with.

Great technical footballer, but very lightweight.

He got used to the physicality of the Championship eventually, so it will be interesting to see how long it will take him to deal with even more physicality and pace

To be fair everyone was gushing over Burnley’s transfer business and it got them absolutely nowhere.

It’s a massive step up and while Hutchinson on a permanent is a good signing for them in reality it’s also a big chunk of their budget just to stay the same as last year rather than improve.

I'd never heard of any of the Burnley signings apart from Sander Berge tbh. They also gambled on the young keeper and that was an error Kompany keeping him in. Ipswich released their first choice so will be spending in that position soon.

Burnley's big problem last season was not getting any of Harwood-Bellis, Maatsen or Nathan Tella back. Two featured in euro finals so they lost so much quality there so Ipswich getting in Hutchinson when Napoli apparently wanted him is a decent start for them.

I could see them doing better than Leicester tbh given they're having to sell Dewsbury-Hall and with the upcoming points deduction they will be under restrictions in how much they can spend.