Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If we take anyone from Celtic it should be Mikey Johnston.

….I posted a while ago how impressive he was when I first watched him on loan at West Brom but I wondered ‘why is a Celtic player on loan in the Championship’. He was less impressive later times but looks the type you’d get in January as he can have a short-term impact. Sweet left foot.

It was in his deep dive on Everton’s Finances which is a long 20+ page piece but Citizens of Suburbia, who is also good, has done a post today and reached pretty much exactly the same conclusions. The short article he links to is a good summary. There are one or two things in it that are not 100% accurate but the overall picture and conclusions look about right to this humble accountant.

Swiss Ramble had said we were ok for the period just ended

Swiss Ramble had said we were ok for the period just ended
He did and I hope he is right about that 3 year rolling period but it is 24/25 we are talking about and the projected need for sales. The best of our last three years drops out of the rolling three year period making it harder. Citizens of Suburbia comes to a similar conclusion with similar estimates but factoring in Dobbin, Godfrey sales. We will truly only start to breathe more easily when we are in BMD (in the PL!) with better commercial, events and matchday revenue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back