Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Results, Bainesy’s U18s finished 3rd bottom of the North division and knocked out of the Youth Cup by Chelsea

Tait’s U21s finished second bottom in PL2, got knocked out in the semis of the International cup by Palace and knocked out in the group stage of the EFL Trophy
That’s sort of what I expected to hear mate. I think the real test of whether they are succeeding is in a couple of years, not on current results. Their job is to develop players. Of course developing a winning mentality us important, but we’ve had winning younger teams and seen no one develop.

Patterson has a huge question mark over him but due to the outside pressure we needed to get points on the board rather than possibly blooding youngsters in.

He can come good.
Agree totally. Made a few defensive errors mainly due to lack of experience. Looks good going forward and can put in good crosses .. He puts in a shift when he plays and will improve with game time. not understanding people writing him off already ..!

The dopes tried to take advantage of the ffp position of the club and failed. Not sure where they get Branthwaite is agitated for a move to them. Will have been told what price he can get sold for and also wont mind staying another season to go to a better club the lad is better than wasting his time at united
Koff

I think we need another experienced back up keeper.

We do need a CB we've sold one and only two of the current 4 are good enough with our best on his way.

We do need a striker as our best Is on his way and the other two aren't good enough
And were do you see the money coming from for these improvements?

That’s sort of what I expected to hear mate. I think the real test of whether they are succeeding is in a couple of years, not on current results. Their job is to develop players. Of course developing a winning mentality is important, but we’ve had winning younger teams and seen no one develop.
The U23’s won the title and who came into the squad ? The RS U23’s hardly pull up any trees but regularly have players effortlessly moving into the first team .

It’s something I hate to write but at that level league position is almost meaningless

Is Zaha really on 300k a week.?

Some reports say it's closer to 72k a week, although I wouldn't be surprised if he has some kind of cosy tax arrangement over there:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/wilfried-zaha-galatasaray-wage-transfer-b1096481.html

At the right price, he'd be an upgrade on what we have.
Good question.... all of the media currently saying that Galatasary can no longer afford his 300k p/week contract and hence why he can go.

Never sure what to believe.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back