Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Is Zaha really on 300k a week.?

Some reports say it's closer to 72k a week, although I wouldn't be surprised if he has some kind of cosy tax arrangement over there:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/wilfried-zaha-galatasaray-wage-transfer-b1096481.html

At the right price, he'd be an upgrade on what we have.
Yeah could be £72k a week tax free or something. Muller style!!

If he came on realistic wages he’d be good but he’s also 31 so that comes with its own risks. Says the 43 year old paragon of fitness lol.

How do you quantify “rubbish”? Results? Or player progression. Unsworth got results (to feather his own nest), but didn’t sufficiently develop players.
I wasn't his biggest fan but during 'Unsie's' bacon buttie munching reign

But Anthony Gordon got the club £40m, Dominic Calvert Lewin is our 3rd highest ever PL scorer, tom Davies played over 100 games for the club, and it wasn't his fault someone like Anthonee Robinson didnt get first team opportunity's

I wasn't his biggest fan but during 'Unsie's' bacon buttie munching reign

But Anthony Gordon got the club £40m, Dominic Calvert Lewin is our 3rd highest ever PL scorer, tom Davies played over 100 games for the club, and it wasn't his fault someone like Anthonee Robinson didnt get first team opportunity's
Anthony Gordon is the only one from that group that I would agree with. DCL was bought, Davies was handled wrongly all through his development, therefore he hasn’t progressed. Robinson? I’m not sure unsworth has anything to do with him.

Anthony Gordon is the only one from that group that I would agree with. DCL was bought, Davies was handled wrongly all through his development, therefore he hasn’t progressed. Robinson? I’m not sure unsworth has anything to do with him.
He bought him,
Davies went off once he hit the first team, Unsworth did his job and got him into the first team
Same with Robinson, he had him throughout the under 21s....not Unsworth's fault we missed the opportunity to put him the first team. He's developed into a Premier League footballer

Would have taken zaha but not now need to be moving in the other direction we need to be bringing in younger players. Esp out wide, have no problem bringing in older players like tark but has to be value

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back