Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He is the worst example of a second striker you can have mate. Stopped scoring at Christmas time, struggles to pass or create to the striker or wide men, he just runs about loads, folk on here go on about his 'defensive qualities' but his defensive numbers are pretty meh tbh. In that position on the pitch we need someone who offers more mate, hence N'Diaye.

well dyche sees him in that position mate and he’s not mobile enough

but maybe this the lad will play a ten role?

doucs isn’t good enough for CM

In light of Arsenal's interest in Calafiori, I'm curious to know how we'd fare with a cheeky loan bid for either of Tomiyasu or Zinchenko? They'd both fill that crucial LB cover we need and I think one of the aforementioned two will become available should Arsenal sign Calafiori. All hypothetical, of course, but it's a siutation I've got an eye on.

Is he even over the injury he had
Yes, he will be by now...or shortly.

My belief is that we'll get him back training and then see him sold in the final days of the window.

He really is a waste of space here. Dyche and Thelwell need to redouble their efforts to get shut of him.

In light of Arsenal's interest in Calafiori, I'm curious to know how we'd fare with a cheeky loan bid for either of Tomiyasu or Zinchenko? They'd both fill that crucial LB cover we need and I think one of the aforementioned two will become available should Arsenal sign Calafiori. All hypothetical, of course, but it's a siutation I've got an eye on.
Dyche wants hard workers not system players, it's a season of spit and sawdust, coming from Arsenal to dropping your plum sack every week takes a different kind of player 👍

There's clearly a reason why no ambitious or "big club" ever considered him for a job in the decade he was at Burnley. His style would never be accepted at some clubs, but he's a Allardyce-esque figure you go to when fighting a relegation battle. It's true he's never had money to spend but I've always found that an easy out to justify what has been a career of largely awful, "functional football".

Granted in the Prem you need money to be successful but you don't need it to have a philosophy or style. There are teams in the National League and even lower down that play nice, entertaining, attacking, front foot passing football (call it the Guardiola effect on the way modern coaches work), yet here we are in 2024 playing 4-5-1 every week, going direct over and over, trying to nick set pieces, scrapping for 1-0 wins etc. It is what it is, but surely it can't be the future.
I think thats where we differ because you are right that there are clubs that would not accept his style of football but we are not one of them. His style fits perfectly with the DNA of who Everton are. There is more than one way to win games and being defensively sound and elite on the counter is one of them. A lot of the underlying advanced metrics show very positively and that the chances were there last year we were just piss poor at finishing them. If recruitment gets in the right attacking options this summer and we are better at finishing chances we will be right in the mix for european football.

I think thats where we differ because you are right that there are clubs that would not accept his style of football but we are not one of them. His style fits perfectly with the DNA of who Everton are. There is more than one way to win games and being defensively sound and elite on the counter is one of them. A lot of the underlying advanced metrics show very positively and that the chances were there last year we were just piss poor at finishing them. If recruitment gets in the right attacking options this summer and we are better at finishing chances we will be right in the mix for european football.
Guess we'll have to see. I'm not dusting off my passport just yet: the likes of West Ham and Brighton and Spurs and Chelsea and Newcastle et al will all be eyeing up a European place, and there's a long road to be at the front of that queue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back