Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

View attachment 263083
Is Don Mitchell a lizard or what?

That’s it nailed on now mate… wiki confirm

IMG_0194.webp

Really shows how far we've fallen that I'm expecting us to lose out on an exciting target to Palace or Ipswich 😞
I can see the appeal of Palace, have a good track record with exciting players like him and could probably develop him to move onto a bigger club within a couple of years. Plus he may just want to move to London.

But that said, for all our recent worries across a 4 or 5 year contract Everton is a better prospect than either of those. Quite simply with the new stadium and new ownership our ceiling is much higher than either.

Depends what he prioritises really.

Yeah, Micheal Ray Richardson is an absolute legend in the game. Came from the West (born in West Texas, high school in Colorado, university in Montana) and was a high draft pick in New York, where he pretty much immediately starred, just as the NBA was starting to explode. Being a big sports star in New York in the late 70s and early 80s pretty much meant party time, and he was caught with positive oftests for cocaine multiple times, effectively ending his NBA career. Played in France, Italy, and Croatia after that until he was 47. Basically was like a hundred other cautionary tales, except that he actually made it to the very top before it all fell apart.
Coached the London (Ontario) Lightning in the NBL of Canada for three seasons between 2012 and 2014, winning titles in the first two. I covered the team during my previous career and found him to be a great interview.

I can see the appeal of Palace, have a good track record with exciting players like him and could probably develop him to move onto a bigger club within a couple of years. Plus he may just want to move to London.

But that said, for all our recent worries across a 4 or 5 year contract Everton is a better prospect than either of those. Quite simply with the new stadium and new ownership our ceiling is much higher than either.

Also palace because of the olise money is about selling the club to him, hopefully we can get him to join looks a talent

Yeah I just look at recent players like Elanga, Ouatarra and Sulemana and how they chose the likes of Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton over us. Granted none of them are setting the world alight, but it probably shows a real lack of pull from us at the moment.

As you say, Palace can offer him a proven track record of development with a pathway to an "elite" club. They also play nice football and have buzz around them with players like Eze thriving and Wharton looking great and Guehi starting for England.

The choice is basically prove yourself for 18 months at Palace and then move to Chelsea or come to Everton on the promise that we're a sleeping giant. I don't know if our size or ceiling is necessarily appealing to young hungry players at the moment.

Really hope I'm wrong.

Yeah I just look at recent players like Elanga, Ouatarra and Sulemana and how they chose the likes of Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton over us. Granted none of them are setting the world alight, but it probably shows a real lack of pull from us at the moment.

As you say, Palace can offer him a proven track record of development with a pathway to an "elite" club. They also play nice football and have buzz around them with players like Eze thriving and Wharton looking great and Guehi starting for England.

The choice is basically prove yourself for 18 months at Palace and then move to Chelsea or come to Everton on the promise that we're a sleeping giant. I don't know if our size or ceiling is necessarily appealing to young hungry players at the moment.

Really hope I'm wrong.
I think you're right there. Some 22 year old kid isn't going to care one iota that once upon a time EFC were a top team. Lad wasn't even born the last time we won a trophy, and I doubt how nice the stadium is you play in every other week will factor much in his thinking.

Very much seems like the kind of player you could see at Palace, with the feel around that club right now as you say. If it was a decision based on what's best for his long term development, Sean Dyche isn't exactly a name you land on of when you think "developer of young, attacking players" is it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back