Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I don't think the fans hate him . I think most recognise that he always tries his heart out but he is incredibly limited when it comes to technical ability and is one of our highest paid players.
Unless you are the one paying the money, I’m sure someone wages should play into how you view the player.

Unless you are the one paying the money, I’m sure someone wages should play into how you view the player.
I can only speak for myself and my mates that feel that his wage is massively disproportionate to his ability.

If we could shift him off the wage bill.and bring in a better quality player we should.

However Dyche loves him and his physicality suits Dycheball

Doucoure just can’t do it consistently. He tires or he loses confidence or misses time and comes back cold. That isn’t as big of an issue if we had other players to step up. But we haven’t for a while.
Yet people still rate Onana massively and he couldn’t even fill a ‘average’ player like Doucoure’s place.

Memories are short once the season has passed.

Here we are, still in the PL, players like Doucoure and DCL are a big part of that and the team has been ineffective when they aren't available - for several seasons now.

Both have their obvious limitations but both cause the opposition problems.

Even back when Ancelotti was here, Doucoure was one key to our form, which dropped off when he wasn't available.

Palace seem the obvious option, but although they have a good little team, they are likely to lose their best two players in eze and olive, guehi linked away as well, so do you want to join a team with so much rebuilding? Or just join a already terrible team like us? No brainer lads

I can only speak for myself and my mates that feel that his wage is massively disproportionate to his ability.

If we could shift him off the wage bill.and bring in a better quality player we should.

However Dyche loves him and his physicality suits Dycheball
Wages are a funny one - they obviously offered Doucs too much at the time (like many of our players), he isn't going to be motivated to take a pay cut whilst still under contract (as with every other player). But if you look at the net cost of replacing him with a new player on a transfer fee and lower wages - I'm guessing Doucs looks like value for the next year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back