Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

In the last 6 months of his contract he can negotiate a new deal with another club in advance of leaving in the summer, I would say the chance of doing a deal to sell him January is practically zero.

Why would his new club pay us a fee when they can negotiate directly with him without our permission and just wait a few months?

Why would DCL go to the highest bidder when he doesn’t need Everton’s permission to speak to whoever he wants?

If we don’t get money for him this summer, we won’t be getting money for him ever.
I thought that only counted for foreign clubs

I thought that only counted for foreign clubs
A player in the last six months of their deal can formally sign a pre-contract with foreign clubs from January 1st. For a formal pre-contract between domestic Prem clubs it's final month I think (of course there's nothing to stop a deal being agreed behind the scenes at any time, just can't be formally signed).

A player in the last six months of their deal can formally sign a pre-contract with foreign clubs from January 1st. For a formal pre-contract between domestic Prem clubs it's final month I think (of course there's nothing to stop a deal being agreed behind the scenes at any time, just can't be formally signed).

I reckon he won’t sign a new contract or agree to a transfer

I agree, that's probably what he'll do. It would be the best course of action for him personally, have as many options as possible in a years time. Time will tell.
And if his legs pack it in like they have 2 of the last 3 seasons, what offers does he have on the table then? IMO he should take whatever fat contract he can get this summer while the going's good, whether that's here or elsewhere.

And if his legs pack it in like they have 2 of the last 3 seasons, what offers does he have on the table then? IMO he should take whatever fat contract he can get this summer while the going's good, whether that's here or elsewhere.
DCL has been free of major injuries for well over a year so I'd imagine he'd had belief and confidence in himself to be past the worst seeing as how he played 33 of 38 league games last season compared to about 50% of games the previous 2 years.

Any player could get injured at any time, that's the sport, but I doubt he'll sign the first contract that comes his way based on "what if worst case scenario happens to me" any more than any other player would. We've offered Coleman contracts when he's been injured, so it's not a wild leap to say we could very do the same for a lad who has been here 8 seasons and has been part of the 'Everton family' since his late teens.

Think it depends on who we get in to be honest

Getting a fee in January for DOM will still be good business as we paid 1.5 million for him, his heart is set on moving anyway

Hopefully not Broja from Chelsea

That’s what I meant by depending where we are.. if we are hovering around relegation then we may as well keep him for the run in. If we are in limbo and safe and out of both cups… then selling for any fee would probably be the right option

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.