Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

never said that Muzzie man, what I said was , nothing has changed at Everton new owners or not, we still can’t compete with virtually anyone, if players have a choice to make between us or another premier league team, they invariably pick the alternative, as evidenced by two average players opting for the Suffolk giants.
What are your options Matty? Who would you like to see us sign?
Since Friedkin threw their hat in the ring all you’ve been banging on about is, let’s spend, let’s spend, the reality as you are about to find out is very different. Don't be surprised if JP1 starts the new season elsewhere on the back of any England success

they’ve got this chill

In the summer of 2005 it felt like the Barcodes waited for us to allegedly agree fees with clubs and terms with players and then nip in and sign then. Emre Belözoğlu and Scott Parker from my memory were two of them.
That emre was the lowest of the lowest of pond scum. Something you find on the bottom of your shoe after a dog has relieved itself in the park.

Not sure how I feel about this one to be honest (even if it is a nonsense rumour). I always thought he was a very overrated player. That being said, we're probably at his level at the moment.
Mount barely played much for them last season, there's no chance they are sending out on loan a lad they bought for ~£60m a year previous. Same thing was said about Sancho the year previous, as if any of these lads on mega wages would be rocking up here.

Always thought the Utd cast-off thing was Kenwrights doing - interesting to see if it still continues now.

I just think it’s geographical proximity. Fulham and Palace take loads of Arsenal and Chelsea cast offs. Similarly loads of Brighton players have gone to Chelsea and Spurs.

Players don’t have to uproot their entire families just to move clubs. They can’t go to Liverpool City or Leeds because of the rivalry so we’re an obvious destination. Its worked the other way too with Rooney Lukaku going that way.

I just think it’s geographical proximity. Fulham and Palace take loads of Arsenal and Chelsea cast offs. Similarly loads of Brighton players have gone to Chelsea and Spurs.

Players don’t have to uproot their entire families just to move clubs. They can’t go to Liverpool City or Leeds because of the rivalry so we’re an obvious destination. Its worked the other way too with Rooney Lukaku going that way.
Yes for a lot of them we've been the next tier of clubs like a step down but not a huge one and they don't have to move house. We've got a lot of value out of most of them too its a strange thing to be bothered about.

Always thought the Utd cast-off thing was Kenwrights doing - interesting to see if it still continues now.
When did it start? After we sold Rooney I think? Maybe there was some kind of arrangement BK and Moyes made with Utd at the time. We let them have Rooney for a decent price and they'll send their rejects our way

Not saying this isnt the case, but its a lot less of a thought process the higher up you go, although i'm guessing someone like Tarkowski saw us as a good option as he didnt have to move anywere.....being your point.

I'm fascinated by this thought process in the lower leagues though. Players only have 1 or 2 year contracts and possibly have to find a new club every 2 years, so i reckon picking a location for your family would be based on the amount of options within an hour of were you live (E.g, if you were a Tranmere player, you wouldn't probably set base on the Wirral or Liverpool as you are distancing yourselves from the likes of Wrexham, Shrewsbury, Crewe, Stoke or the abundance of Manchester clubs.
You are probably best basing yourself somewhere in-between, its probably why places like Alderly Edge/Knutsford/Wilmslow are so popular

Yes for a lot of them we've been the next tier of clubs like a step down but not a huge one and they don't have to move house. We've got a lot of value out of most of them too its a strange thing to be bothered about.
It worked when Utd were a force and had a strong squad.

Nowadays they've managed to build a squad full of talented meh players on huge wages.

It worked when Utd were a force and had a strong squad.

Nowadays they've managed to build a squad full of talented meh players on huge wages.
Compared to us though their squad is still very good thats why we can get players like Garner who were nowhere near their team but play every week for us.

When did it start? After we sold Rooney I think? Maybe there was some kind of arrangement BK and Moyes made with Utd at the time. We let them have Rooney for a decent price and they'll send their rejects our way
Moyes & Fergie were mates, Fergie wanted to see some of his lads land well....Gibson, Howard, Neville, probably knock a little money off

Compared to us though their squad is still very good thats why we can get players like Garner who were nowhere near their team but play every week for us.
The good thing about their youth is that they won't be locked into crazy wages - I agree there is something to be done there.

Elanga was another example.

Garner, Van Der Beek, Schneiderlin, Cleverley, Gibson, Saha, Howard, Neville, Blomqvist, O'Kane, Kanchelskis are all the players we have bought or loaned direct from United in the Premier League era.
I'd say 6/7 of them are hits or good value (e.g Cleverley was free, we sold for £10m)
Only real massive mistake was Schneiderlin

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back