Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

When did it start? After we sold Rooney I think? Maybe there was some kind of arrangement BK and Moyes made with Utd at the time. We let them have Rooney for a decent price and they'll send their rejects our way
This post made me think.

When did loans become a thing?

Who can remember the first ever loan? Cos loans havent been around forever, right? Maybe its my memory, but I dont recall loans in like the 80s for example? Maybe im wrong.

Rooney was 20 years ago! I don't think we were signing players from United in the 2020s because of a deal we did with them in 2004!
Yes you're probably right, but was the whole thing not at its peak in the 5 years or so after we sold him? There was Neville and Howard not long after. But I can't really remember
This post made me think.

Who can remember the first ever loan? Cos loans havent been around forever, right? Maybe its my memory, but I dont recall loans in like the 80s for example? Maybe im wrong.
First Everton loans I can remember were Durrant and Ferguson in I guess 1993 or 1994? Maybe there were more before that though?

Yes you're probably right, but was the whole thing not at its peak in the 5 years or so after we sold him? There was Neville and Howard not long after. But I can't really remember

First Everton loans I can remember were Durrant and Ferguson in I guess 1993 or 1994? Maybe there were more before that though?

We had Brett Angel on loan if my memory is right mate.

Garner, Van Der Beek, Schneiderlin, Cleverley, Gibson, Saha, Howard, Neville, Blomqvist, O'Kane, Kanchelskis are all the players we have bought or loaned direct from United in the Premier League era.
I'd say 6/7 of them are hits or good value (e.g Cleverley was free, we sold for £10m)
Only real massive mistake was Schneiderlin
Funny thing is, I guess Schneiderlin actually played quite a few games for us - I didn't rate him though.

Blomqvist, Gibson, VDB always seemed injured.

Howard & Neville were key players for us, rightly or wrongly.

This post made me think.

Cracking question ;)
I don't have the answers I'm afraid, but I'm sure somebody will know.

…..rumours/links seem to be drying up a bit.
I think early July with a major championship still on the market is usually quite slow, the flurry of PSR deals being behind us.

Last summer our first signing was Young on July 13 so we’re two (three if you count Harrison) signings ahead of the curve.

…..rumours/links seem to be drying up a bit.

I think we are winning the window so far, we have players in at this stage which we very often don't by now, and no significant outs.

Still expecting Onana and DCL to go but it has not been a panic firesale, a prospect that seemed real enough a few weeks back.

Because of this, I'm confident that we could put the bulk of proceeds we receive towards replacements and not have the cash swallowed up elsewhere.

I don't pay much heed to the rumours, signing players has largely lost its sheen for me because of the errors we've made. We need new players obviously, and we'll surely get a few more.

I think we are winning the window so far, we have players in at this stage which we very often don't by now, and no significant outs.

Still expecting Onana and DCL to go but it has not been a panic firesale, a prospect that seemed real enough a few weeks back.

Because of this, I'm confident that we could put the bulk of proceeds we receive towards replacements and not have the cash swallowed up elsewhere.

I don't pay much heed to the rumours, signing players has largely lost its sheen for me because of the errors we've made. We need new players obviously, and we'll surely get a few more.

Having Harrison and Coleman in for preseason i think is a big + as well mate - think both struggled last year without it (i hope).

Funny thing is, I guess Schneiderlin actually played quite a few games for us - I didn't rate him though.

Blomqvist, Gibson, VDB always seemed injured.

Howard & Neville were key players for us, rightly or wrongly.
Gibson was great for 18 months, i think he went his first 6 months with us not losing a game.
For what we paid for him, he was a decent signing, then injury's and i'm guessing personal problems got in the way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back