Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Looks like Ndidi is staying with Leicester and Philogene may likely be going elsewhere so hopefully Thelwell moves on quick. For me we need 6 players before the end of the window:

1 RB/defensive utility player
1 LB to finally give competition for Myko
1 Central mid (if onana goes as expected)
1 creative midfielder
2 pacey attackers

I think that would see us have similar numbers to last season because we have lost Godfrey, would lose Onana, lost Gomes, lost Danjuma and Dobbin from a squad that was already too small.

Edit: that’s before considering any strikers needed depending on who stays and goes. For each one that leaves we need one in minimum in that department

Is our “creative midfielder” not Ndiaye? Can’t see us signing another when we have Doucoure also as an attacking midfielder (granted he can’t be described as creative). Unless he does take a punt on Dele.

Might see one pacey attacker but can’t see 2 - unless we manage to shift Maupay and possibly one other forward.

Gone a touch flat for a team that scored 3 goals last season.
It's been quiet for sure but I guess a big part of that is waiting on an answer on Philogene. Let's see how quickly they move on.

I get the feeling that beyond the obvious search for a winger and maybe if we're lucky a full back the remainder of our business is probably contingent on who if anyone ends up leaving, so we might have a bit of a wait on that as we can't really control how quickly that happens.

Is our “creative midfielder” not Ndiaye? Can’t see us signing another when we have Doucoure also as an attacking midfielder (granted he can’t be described as creative). Unless he does take a punt on Dele.

Might see one pacey attacker but can’t see 2 - unless we manage to shift Maupay and possibly one other forward.
He might be that but I think we need replacements for each area too so we aren’t running our first 11 into the ground each week because Dyche doesn’t see anyone fit to come off the bench.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back