Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It is but people are talking about him taking a pay cut, why would he?. We will have to pay him to move but it will save us some cash over the year with his fee and WBAs wage contributions.
He would get a long term contract at WBA whereas he will be out of a job in twelve months at Everton.

There is no doubt Everton would take a reduced fee to allow WBA pay the extra wages and we would also make a payment to Keane as well.

I don't think we will sell however as that would leave just two senior centre halves and a player no one wants in a Holgate.

He would get a long term contract at WBA whereas he will be out of a job in twelve months at Everton.

There is no doubt Everton would take a reduced fee to allow WBA pay the extra wages and we would also make a payment to Keane as well.

I don't think we will sell however as that would leave just two senior centre halves and a player no one wants in a Holgate.
He isn't even linked to West Brom. @Eggs is just spamming the thread with some AI generated nonsense.

Yeah I cant see us selling our #3 CB for buttons. If someone offered you 15m? Sure, then you go and find another CB and then make the deal. But would be way to pointless and risky at that price after selling Godfrey.

For arguments sake, lets say we did sell Keane for £4mil. That would be pure profit as hes been here so long.

When added to the £11mil received for Godfrey were up to £15mil.

Surely that brings in a player to develop behind the first choice pair? Not a high benchmark to be better than Keane.

For arguments sake, lets say we did sell Keane for £4mil. That would be pure profit as hes been here so long.

When added to the £11mil received for Godfrey were up to £15mil.

Surely that brings in a player to develop behind the first choice pair? Not a high benchmark to be better than Keane.

…ffs, not another ‘buy to develop’ suggestion. Just buy good players who can have an impact.

…ffs, not another ‘buy to develop’ suggestion. Just buy good players who can have an impact.

What player that "makes an impact" costs £15mil ?

You'll have to list a few names down here especially as you rated Kambwala who went for pennies and is precisely a player to develop.

What player that "makes an impact" costs £15mil ?

You'll have to list a few names down here especially as you rated Kambwala who went for pennies and is precisely a player to develop.
I am with Eggs in his surprise at the Kambwalla fee. For me his ticks the box of bringing in a player who can develop and make an impact in the first team

I am with Eggs in his surprise at the Kambwalla fee. For me his ticks the box of bringing in a player who can develop and make an impact in the first team

Kambwala is still a development player and could have been ideal 3rd choice rotation.

Hes hardly a 'impact' player who is ready made as @Eggs clearly doesnt want a player to develop like Kambwala its all a bit peculiar :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.