Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

….its almost more difficult finding young players who are good enough and the ones who have been most successful have quickly transitioned to the first team. I’m thinking, Stones, DCL, Lookman et al. Branthwaite was an obvious talent, he took his chance as soon as he finished his loan.

Young players still have to be very good players but obviously the risk is lower because monies are less.

How crucial do you feel his loan was, mate? Do you reckon he still would have broken through without it?

For arguments sake, lets say we did sell Keane for £4mil. That would be pure profit as hes been here so long.

When added to the £11mil received for Godfrey were up to £15mil.

Surely that brings in a player to develop behind the first choice pair? Not a high benchmark to be better than Keane.
We don't need a developing player to replace Keane .
If Tarkoswki or Branthwaite get injured we need someone who can fill in immediately, maybe to play for half a season

We don't need a developing player to replace Keane .
If Tarkoswki or Branthwaite get injured we need someone who can fill in immediately, maybe to play for half a season

Was Branthwaite not a developing player over the course of this season?

Jake O'Brien who weve been linked with says he is still developing.

This isn't 1986. We haven't bought a good ready made player in years. We have to buy to develop, as do all clubs bar about 6.
We’ve bought loads of good ready made players! I agree with the point being made we were lucky last year that branthwaite and tarkowski played almost every game I don’t want Keane having to play 15-20 games or more so I would like another centre half who is capable of coming here and doing that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.