Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Kambwala is still a development player and could have been ideal 3rd choice rotation.

Hes hardly a 'impact' player who is ready made as @Eggs clearly doesnt want a player to develop like Kambwala its all a bit peculiar :)

….he’s a player I’d hope would force his way into the team, not form an orderly queue and take over at a defined point.

….he’s a player I’d hope would force his way into the team, not form an orderly queue and take over at a defined point.

"form an orderly queue and take over at a defined point"

-- I dont think any development players have that pathway at all. If youre good enough you will have rotation opportunities and cover for injury/suspensions.

Hes a 19 year old who needs developing and 3rd choice may have been ideal to give him that platform.

Signing a player for an "instant impact" with £15mil as in my example isnt very likely when they need to be superior to Tarkowski & Branthwaite.

"form an orderly queue and take over at a defined point"

-- I dont think any development players have that pathway at all. If youre good enough you will have rotation opportunities and cover for injury/suspensions.

Hes a 19 year old who needs developing and 3rd choice may have been ideal to give him that platform.

Signing a player for an "instant impact" with £15mil as in my example isnt very likely when they need to be superior to Tarkowski & Branthwaite.

….fingers crossed Chermiti finally has an impact next season.

…ffs, not another ‘buy to develop’ suggestion. Just buy good players who can have an impact.
It’s a difficult balancing act though isn’t it?
Our best chance of recruiting quality players who can improve the position of the club is to buy young and cheap and allow them to develop into players who have an impact.
We are not in a position to attract , and can’t afford ,quality players who have an immediate impact .
If we only fill the side with low cost limited players , we will never break out of mid table and will always remain susceptible to relegation battles.

It’s a difficult balancing act though isn’t it?
Our best chance of recruiting quality players who can improve the position of the club is to buy young and cheap and allow them to develop into players who have an impact.
We are not in a position to attract , and can’t afford ,quality players who have an immediate impact .
If we only fill the side with low cost limited players , we will never break out of mid table and will always remain susceptible to relegation battles.

….its almost more difficult finding young players who are good enough and the ones who have been most successful have quickly transitioned to the first team. I’m thinking, Stones, DCL, Lookman et al. Branthwaite was an obvious talent, he took his chance as soon as he finished his loan.

Young players still have to be very good players but obviously the risk is lower because monies are less.

….ha, ha Kambwala was arguably MoM in an FA Cup tie against the RS. He positively impacted the game and clearly demonstrated he was capable of playing at that level.

He’s miles further down the road to Chermiti.

That £4.7mil initial fee certainly supports your point lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.