Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Guess I’m the only one who wants Gnonto. People forget he threw in a transfer request to get a move to us which then left him ostracised from the manager and group at Leeds. They benched him for the first half of the season and only properly reintroduced him to the team for the second half. Looking at the stats on Transfermarkt, he has played far fewer minutes than Philogene and has a better goals per minutes ratio than Philogene. At a brief glance people just look at Philogenes better goals return but as ever, the devil is in the detail.

He’s also still only 20 years old and has a couple of years on Philogene. For comparison, Gnonto has looked a better player and produced more at 20 than either Philogene who we missed out on, or Gordon who has progressed since he’s been at Newcastle. You’re not getting the finished article at 20 years of age, there’s more than likely much more to come from him in terms of progression although there’s obviously never any guarantees. I hope we go back in for him.

I'd have liked him for the 10 position.

On the right, I'd prefer Asprilla, Bobb, Savio, Bakayoko.

On the left, Doue, Odobert, Diao

I do like him though, very good defensive stats from memory & also gets the ball up the pitch, which for a counter attacking side is important. At 20 lots of growth potential.

Big fees and a hard sell, but never know with Onana & DCL on the chopping block + the new ownership.

Who would you bring in on each wing?

Well I prefer buying cheap myself so on the left I suggested these a while back with a year left on their deals and different profiles:

LW: Koki Saito (12 months) / Nanasi (12 months) / Javi Puado (12 months) / Rowe (12 months)

For right wing? I like the look of Asprilla, Isaksen at Lazio is nice but possibly expensive, maybe someone like McAtee on loan? Hugo Siquet could cover RB and RM, could you bring Liel Abada back to Europe? Baku has 12 months left, big fan of Isiah Jones at Boro.

Lots of realistic options.

Guess I’m the only one who wants Gnonto. People forget he threw in a transfer request to get a move to us which then left him ostracised from the manager and group at Leeds. They benched him for the first half of the season and only properly reintroduced him to the team for the second half. Looking at the stats on Transfermarkt, he has played far fewer minutes than Philogene and has a better goals per minutes ratio than Philogene. At a brief glance people just look at Philogenes better goals return but as ever, the devil is in the detail.

He’s also still only 20 years old and has a couple of years on Philogene. For comparison, Gnonto has looked a better player and produced more at 20 than either Philogene who we missed out on, or Gordon who has progressed since he’s been at Newcastle. You’re not getting the finished article at 20 years of age, there’s more than likely much more to come from him in terms of progression although there’s obviously never any guarantees. I hope we go back in for him.
Yeah I still quite like Gnonto. Based solely on last season you’d probably prefer Philogene but Gnonto is 18 months younger, has a PL season under his belt, and has 13 caps for Italy. You’d say that his overall CV and trajectory is ahead of Philogene (although he would likely cost more).

Don't really understand the lack of enthusiasm for Gnonto. Was very impressed by him when Leeds were in the PL, granted I didn't watch him in the championship at all last season.

Think his antics in trying to force through a move to us previously might have left a bad taste for some.

….i watched him quite a bit last season and each time he very poor. Looks a dreadful professional, spends half his time sitting on his backside laughing sarcastically at officials rather than getting on with things.

Watch his performance at Norwich in a crucial play-off game and you see why his manager dragged him off early in the 2nd half. We dodged a bullet with him.

Tanner Tessman joining on loan once Inter sign him from Venezia?

American CM, 22

If he does sign, he'd have Olympics commitments until at least 30th July. If he makes the final, it'd be 9th August. Worth bearing in mind imo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back