Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I’m not biting on that one ….

The final sentence was the one that gave you away as a WUM
That’s harsh. Modern football is all about press and energy. The team that neglects that, especially teams with low quality, will end up looking more like Burnley and Wigan.

Unless we find someone with the energy level of Doucoure with good attacking qualities, which is rare and expensive, we should stick with him. Gana alone cannot do everyone on his own.

Another player who without his goals we'd have been snookered.

Its that but i think as @Axlswhk says its the press, how he floods the forward, midfield and back line, his energy, leadership, fight and presence - he gives us so much that people either dont see or acknowledge, he's such an enabler.

All of those things on top of being our joint top scorers - but "yeah he's rubbish lad" - Bananas.

This all stems from Luckhurt's article suggesting we're surprised United have bid more for Yoro than Branthwaite. Why would we even care? 🤷‍♂️

Their justification for lowball offers is...we don't want to bent over in the market.

So it will be a surprise to see them spend £50mill on an 18 year old with a year left on his contract that no one else was willing to pay.

Their justification for that is...he's worth it.

Which again goes full circle doesn't it? If it's worth the money, spend it.

With Dom looking to go, wouldn't that leave us with just Chermitti and Maupay?
Maupay will go has he even travlled with the group for pre season
Gomes has gone and docs was put on 130k a week with his last contract …

Every team needs a doucs ? Are you joking ?

Please tell me which other teams have a player that cannot execute a simple pass or has zero footballing intelligence as the highest earner or main player?

Bad teams do .

He is a massive part of why we cannot retain possession and why our attacks break down as soon as we start a counter , and also a huge reason we struggle to score goals
Fulham close to getting him when lamapard was in charge he was close to going until dyche come here. Dont think he is a huge reason we dont score goals not one player is to blame every single player of this squad is to blame from taking the chances they have to even creating them. Whatever you think about him and i agree that his first touch ect will drive me crazy has prob been in the top 3 of important players here. Is an area in the team i think we can improve on and would not surprise me if this is his last season here. Just for me we dont really have the time or money to replace most players this season and he is a key player

….i can remember Doucoure’s ‘assist’ in this game, a fine pass but I accept I remember it because of its rarity;

My only criticism is he always chooses to pass the ball wide, which is always the safe and easy option for a limited footballer, such passes rarely creates goal scoring chances or create problems for the opposite defence.

He lacks the courage or ability to split open defence with a through ball, which is main frustration amongst our fans, but if we drop him, front press is no longer effective and if we can’t front press effectively, all our recoveries will be deep in our half, and that creates another problem because building from deep is 10 times more difficult to score than front press recoveries with the shortest and easiest route to goal.

Its that but i think as @Axlswhk says its the press, how he floods the forward, midfield and back line, his energy, leadership, fight and presence - he gives us so much that people either dont see or acknowledge, he's such an enabler.

All of those things on top of being our joint top scorers - but "yeah he's rubbish lad" - Bananas.
He is rubbish really but he's also useful because he does some things that our other players don't do both of those things can be true at the same time.

£60m United are paying for that Yoro fella, and they tried to get Jarrad off us for just over half of that. 😂
The funniest thing is looking at the United fans comments - arguing £125k/wk for an 18 year old is a good deal and (my personal favourite), because other clubs were willing to get Yero for cheaper the fact that United were willing to pay over the odds is a sign of good business.

The idea that Everton would be upset about United paying more money for another player is just so laughable

ON SSN Transfer thingy:

Bologna are interested in signing Everton striker Beto, with the Serie A club exploring the conditions of a potential deal.

Beto's has three years remaining on his deal at Goodison Park.

Bologna - who will play in the Champions League this season - sold forward Joshua Zirkzee to Manchester United earlier this month.

They have the Zirkzee money and soon the Calafiore money from Arsenal.

Would be fabulous to get £20mil+ for him...shift DCL & Maupay and we'll have a decent chunk to play with.

I'm fine with a top first choice with Chermiti as back up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back