Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We've wasted money on players from all over its not anything to do with where we get them from we just haven't found the right players in any market for the last 10 years or so.
In the early days of Walsh we bought alot of PL dross for far too much money, but overall I agree and still think even now our whole approach to recruitment is still years behind most other clubs.

ON SSN Transfer thingy:

Bologna are interested in signing Everton striker Beto, with the Serie A club exploring the conditions of a potential deal.

Beto's has three years remaining on his deal at Goodison Park.

Bologna - who will play in the Champions League this season - sold forward Joshua Zirkzee to Manchester United earlier this month.
On the one hand if we could get close to our money back I guess you have to think about it. Although I fancy he’d have a better second season than the first.

On the other I think losing Beto and DCL would give us too much to do to recruit and bed in two senior strikers. That would be a huge risk.

Yet another reason we need Dom’s future decided as it dictates so much of our summer.

In the early days of Walsh we bought alot of PL dross for far too much money, but overall I agree and still think even now our whole approach to recruitment is still years behind most other clubs.
I agree but I don't think we need the PL bit its just dross full stop some of our worst signings have been from abroad Tosun Gbamin Mina Allan and Gomes for example are 5 players who cost us about 150 mil in transfer fees and all left on a free and thats just for starters!

Gomes has gone and docs was put on 130k a week with his last contract …

Every team needs a doucs ? Are you joking ?

Please tell me which other teams have a player that cannot execute a simple pass or has zero footballing intelligence as the highest earner or main player?

Bad teams do .

He is a massive part of why we cannot retain possession and why our attacks break down as soon as we start a counter , and also a huge reason we struggle to score goals

Can you verify that 130k beyond the blarg guestimate spotrac sites mate? My understanding he is on 80k max and actually closer to 75k.

Disagree completltely with your take. I dont know why people want him to be some playmaking 10 - hes not and never has been that.

He is however our joint PL goal scorer last season, playing a hybrid role between the lines, bolstering both of those lines being the lynchpin in the overall tactic. Do a bit research and look at results with him in the the team and without him in the team, its stark.

You can have all James Rodriguez's in the world but anyone who knows football, knows you have to win the battle and put in the hard yards systemically before you can trigger your quality, its a fundamental of football - Doucore is such a huge enabler of that for us on top of everything else.

Find the analysis of him often on here so short sighted.

Last edited:
On the one hand if we could get close to our money back I guess you have to think about it. Although I fancy he’d have a better second season than the first.

On the other I think losing Beto and DCL would give us too much to do to recruit and bed in two senior strikers. That would be a huge risk.

Yet another reason we need Dom’s future decided as it dictates so much of our summer.

Be my take also mate. Doms sitaution muddys this, but a long way to go in the window.

A point of reflection though, seems to be a fair bit of reported interest in him.

Youd also 2wonder why they wouldn't go for Dom, maybe the wage, think wed accept a similar fee.

Last edited:

Can you verify that 130k beyond the blarg guestimate sportec sites mate? My understanding he is on 80k max and actually closer to 75k.

Disagree completltely with your take. I dont know why people want him to be some playmaking 10 - hes not and never has been that.

He is however our joint PL gola scorer last season, playing a hybrid role between the lines, bolstering both of those loans being the lynchpin in the overall tactic. Do a bit research and look at results with im in the the team and without him in the team, its stark.

You can have all James Rodriguez's in the world but anyone who knows football, knows you have to win the battle and put in the hard yards systemically before you can trigger your quality, its a fundamental of football - Docucore is such a huge enabler of that for us on top of everything else.

….the problem folk have with Doucoure is they only see what he does with the ball and fail to notice what he does when he’s not in possession.

He’s generally poor in possession, I accept that and I think it also frustrates Dyche enormously too but I watched a re-run of the home game v Sheff Utd and the times he got alongside and beyond DCL was impressive, He was rewarded with a short-range headed goal but the energy to continually get in that position is lost on people. In the same game, he’s behind the ball on the edge of his own box getting in the way of their attacks.

He’s not pleasing on the eye, but he’s been vital to our survival these last few seasons.

Can you verify that 130k beyond the blarg guestimate spotrac sites mate? My understanding he is on 80k max and actually closer to 75k.

He is however our joint PL goal scorer last season, playing a hybrid role between the lines, bolstering both of those lines being the lynchpin in the overall tactic. Do a bit research and look at results with him in the the team and without him in the team, its stark.

You can have all James Rodriguez's in the world but anyone who knows football, knows you have to win the battle and put in the hard yards systemically before you can trigger your quality, its a fundamental of football - Docucore is such a huge enabler of that for us on top of everything else.

Simple logic really.
To play attacking football, you have to win the ball first.
To score goals, we need someone to regain possession first.

Any team that neglect ball winning ability will face with shot after shots simply because it’s so easy to get near our goal and create chances.

A team without ball winning abilities is just playing Spanish fraud fantasy football.

Be my take also mate. Doms sitaution muddys this, but a long way to go in the window.

A point of reflection though, seems to be a fair bit of reported interest in him.

Youd also 2wonder why they wouldn't go for Dom, maybe the wage, think wed accept a similar fee.
I guess one question is where they see Chermiti in relation to Beto, maybe Dyche has seen enough to put Chermiti ahead? It wasn’t always Beto that came off the bench last season after all.

But if DCL and Beto are the established first and second choice I don’t see the sense in selling the second with the first still likely to depart. Not when we’re already into pre-season.

You can have all James Rodriguez's in the world but anyone who knows football, knows you have to win the battle and put in the hard yards systemically before you can trigger your quality, its a fundamental of football - Doucore is such a huge enabler of that for us on top of everything else.

Mate , use your eyes . A massive part of the reason he was our top scorer is because he can’t actually set up any of our players because he can’t pass to them accurately or at the right time . It’s inposaible to form any type of understanding or chemistry with him as a player because he is so random and doesn’t have any football intelligence .

He bolsters both those lines? You mean the attack which was one of the lowest scoring in the league or the midfield that couldn’t retain the ball and has us on 30% possession for a number of games?

Look at his career, this is the best team he has ever or will ever play in … he’s 31 … he’s never been in a team that has ended up in the top half of the table … he is an athlete, not a footballer

It's laughable, United critical of us for not accepting a massively lowballed offer for the best young CB in the PL.. only to offer more for a worse player, if they'd offered that 62 million there's a chance they'd have Branthwaite now.

Their fanbase are out in force justifying it.

Their arguements are...he's better and younger. Also...they wouldn't have got him if he left on a free as he'd have gone elsewhere.

So...they're admitting they've overpaid?

They somehow also feel we're upset United haven't bought Branthwaite instead which is odd.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back