Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Mate , use your eyes . A massive part of the reason he was our top scorer is because he can’t actually set up any of our players because he can’t pass to them accurately or at the right time . It’s inposaible to form any type of understanding or chemistry with him as a player because he is so random and doesn’t have any football intelligence .

He bolsters both those lines? You mean the attack which was one of the lowest scoring in the league or the midfield that couldn’t retain the ball and has us on 30% possession for a number of games?

Look at his career, this is the best team he has ever or will ever play in … he’s 31 … he’s never been in a team that has ended up in the top half of the table … he is an athlete, not a footballer

Honestly dont know where to start mate. I just find posts like this scary. Im not going to start because i dont want to be unkind.

Awful take. But everyone entitled to their opinion. ;)

One of the best signings we've made of this era, without question.

I guess one question is where they see Chermiti in relation to Beto, maybe Dyche has seen enough to put Chermiti ahead? It wasn’t always Beto that came off the bench last season after all.

But if DCL and Beto are the established first and second choice I don’t see the sense in selling the second with the first still likely to depart. Not when we’re already into pre-season.

….Beto doesn’t look the answer, the imponderable is whether Chermiti will be the answer.

I know he’s young but I have concerns Chermiti isn’t doing more to force his way into the team. At €15m he’s not cheap for an unknown striker, so I defer to lots of posters who think he’s the real deal. I really hope so but I have my doubts and think monies could’ve been better spent.

That's a hell of a lot of money for an 18 year old who has only played 40 odd games in ligue 1.

People would argue its similar to someone like say......Saliba, who they paid almost £30m for 5 years ago. But its a huge amount for someone who may take 3-4 years to pay off.
It doesn’t help them win now which is fine by me. They’ll be back after Branthwaite in a years time and the price is going up.

….the problem folk have with Doucoure is they only see what he does with the ball and fail to notice what he does when he’s not in possession.

He’s generally poor in possession, I accept that and I think it also frustrates Dyche enormously too but I watched a re-run of the home game v Sheff Utd and the times he got alongside and beyond DCL was impressive, He was rewarded with a short-range headed goal but the energy to continually get in that position is lost on people. In the same game, he’s behind the ball on the edge of his own box getting in the way of their attacks.

He’s not pleasing on the eye, but he’s been vital to our survival these last few seasons.

If he’s so good at doing such an important role … why has nobody ever wanted or tried to sign him?

It’s because in order to be a good team you cannot have players that cannot pass a footy .

Gana is limited in attacking but he was very good at what he done and ended up going to play in the cl with PSG.

Doucs is a donkey , works hard but that’s all he offers

Honestly dont know where to start mate. I just find posts like this scary. Im not going to start because i dont want to be unkind.

Awful take. But everyone entitled to their opinion. ;)

One of the best signings we've made of this era, without question.

I’m not biting on that one ….

The final sentence was the one that gave you away as a WUM

Their fanbase are out in force justifying it.

Their arguements are...he's better and younger. Also...they wouldn't have got him if he left on a free as he'd have gone elsewhere.

So...they're admitting they've overpaid?

They somehow also feel we're upset United haven't bought Branthwaite instead which is odd.

This all stems from Luckhurt's article suggesting we're surprised United have bid more for Yoro than Branthwaite. Why would we even care? 🤷‍♂️

With Dom looking to go, wouldn't that leave us with just Chermitti and Maupay?
Get someone else in with the £50-£60m we would make off Dom or Beto? But don't let Kev pick them, he cant pick a striker to save his life.

Or better yet, throw an extra £20k on Dom's contract request and use Chermiti as his back up

Sky again - Napoli are interested in signing Everton left-back Vitaliy Mykolenko.

Antonio Conte
has taken charge at Napoli and is keen to bring the Ukraine international to the Serie A side.

Gomes has gone and docs was put on 130k a week with his last contract …

Every team needs a doucs ? Are you joking ?

Please tell me which other teams have a player that cannot execute a simple pass or has zero footballing intelligence as the highest earner or main player?

Bad teams do .

He is a massive part of why we cannot retain possession and why our attacks break down as soon as we start a counter , and also a huge reason we struggle to score goals
Helps when he bangs in the goal that keeps you in the Prem though.

Gomes has gone and docs was put on 130k a week with his last contract …

Every team needs a doucs ? Are you joking ?

Please tell me which other teams have a player that cannot execute a simple pass or has zero footballing intelligence as the highest earner or main player?

Bad teams do .

He is a massive part of why we cannot retain possession and why our attacks break down as soon as we start a counter , and also a huge reason we struggle to score goals
That's just not true though is it.

….Beto doesn’t look the answer, the imponderable is whether Chermiti will be the answer.

I know he’s young but I have concerns Chermiti isn’t doing more to force his way into the team. At €15m he’s not cheap for an unknown striker, so I defer to lots of posters who think he’s the real deal. I really hope so but I have my doubts and think monies could’ve been better spent.
None of us have seen enough to really judge Chermiti so it’s an impossible debate, but if the internal view is that he’s performing as well as Beto it creates an interesting situation.

Personally I think a loan is what he needs and then we can judge his performance. But if we think he not Beto could be our number two do you gamble, sell Beto and DCL and go big on a quality first choice using both fees?

(I don’t have a name to suggest and it feels pretty risky to me).

Simple logic really.
To play attacking football, you have to win the ball first.
To score goals, we need someone to regain possession first.

Any team that neglect ball winning ability will face with shot after shots simply because it’s so easy to get near our goal and create chances.

A team without ball winning abilities is just playing Spanish fraud fantasy football.

….i can remember Doucoure’s ‘assist’ in this game, a fine pass but I accept I remember it because of its rarity;

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back