Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The Thelwell tombola rumbles on.
I fear another last minute flurry of mediocre players.
Lets be honest you havent even heard of this lad before today, if he comes then give him a chance.
Sounds like a Godfrey replacement. We aren't going to get a top top quality CB in who's willing to play second fiddle to Tarks and Branthwaite, but a high ceiling, young CB from the French league who can play multiple positions makes sense
Agree hopefully is a level above keane and well prob not on the level of branthwaite but can still be a reliable cb. Good see us looking around is prob better value outside england for a cb

He’s no where near our highest earner, people need to stop reading bogey spotrac sites. He’s on 80k a week if even.

Someone like Gomes cost us 11 mill a year, weigh that up in the context of a PSR charge, yet Doucoure has fought and contributed double what someone like Gomes has.

Every single team needs a Doucoure.
Really ?
Can you name me the Man City player who can’t control a ball, can’t pass a ball, lacks even a modicum of football intelligence and whose only attributes are stamina and the occasional goal ?

If you are willing to pay 50m plus for a defender, why would you not just pay the extra 10 or 15m for Branthwaite

It looks like more questionable recruitment decisions by United.
Cos they all have it in their heads that Yoro is the better player and he’s cheaper too as we are unfairly making them pay more than he’s apparently worth if they want him.

I think things will ramp up in the next week or so as players are still recuperating from the major tournaments or just getting settled in at training. The squad obviously has some clear deficiencies but I think dyche being the meticulous taskmaster will probably reaches the squad and further transfer activity will result from that

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back