Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Its that but i think as @Axlswhk says its the press, how he floods the forward, midfield and back line, his energy, leadership, fight and presence - he gives us so much that people either dont see or acknowledge, he's such an enabler.

All of those things on top of being our joint top scorers - but "yeah he's rubbish lad" - Bananas.
Where was his fight when Lampard dropped him? Sitting on the ball in the warm up as well as other things. Spat his dummy out and sent a bad message to the rest of the players and fans. White getting paid a fortune

I’d put money on us signing Dendoncker from Villa.

We’ve a good relationship with them, he’s available, he’s previously played for wolves and we’ve been linked in the past. Ticks all boxes for Thelwell.
Let’s hope not he’s crap and about 29, to be fair Thewell has said they won’t be spending money over a certain age, think it was 25/26. That’s not to say we won’t spend maybe a small amount on an older player ie gana. But id hope we wouldn’t spend a penny on this carthorse

All fair mate, i just feel this is our market, established players are going to be fixer upers or lads who have lost their way - see Nidaye, Dele, Lindstrom and maybe Phillips. Then young players with potential, looking to make a step up, see Tim, Philomenge, Mintah and Gnonto.

This is our market in my opinion and have thought that for a while - so for me with every transfer we make in that market we are taking on a measure of risk. Personally i got my head around that and accepted it a while ago in terms of expectation.

I dont think we are that attractive to players at tiers beyond the above, a difficult truth to swallow but a truth none the less in my opinion.
So you're saying everton is basically the goonies for professional footballers?- ragtag group of eccentric outcasts clashing with the wealthy snobs (sky 6)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back