Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Lesley Grantham
Is it still finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing for who we’re signing?
IMG_8812.jpeg

I really wouldn't be surprised if Everton ended up signing Ismaila Sarr this summer - we've seemingly been in for him every TDD for the last 3 years, he's up for sale and if this Gnonto deal drags on like it did last year we'll likely switch focus.
Or Sarr is the nowadays version of for example David Nugent/Sean Davis: linked forever but never joined us. Although Davies had a medical even lol

Its that but i think as @Axlswhk says its the press, how he floods the forward, midfield and back line, his energy, leadership, fight and presence - he gives us so much that people either dont see or acknowledge, he's such an enabler.

All of those things on top of being our joint top scorers - but "yeah he's rubbish lad" - Bananas.

I mean he’s also never played for a good team ever in his career so there’s that.

He’s no where near our highest earner, people need to stop reading bogey spotrac sites. He’s on 80k a week if even.

Someone like Gomes cost us 11 mill a year, weigh that up in the context of a PSR charge, yet Doucoure has fought and contributed double what someone like Gomes has.

Every single team needs a Doucoure.
Every team fighting relegation, that’s why he’s only played for Watford and a poor Everton team

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back