Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Also linked with the likes of Williams and I imagine that's the sort of marquee signing they're looking for if Diaby goes. They've already boosted the numbers with Iling, Philogene and Dobbin so I'd have thought they'd look for more genuine established CL quality than Lindstrom.
You would think so...no chance though with williams, bigger teams are after him. Unless there are still looking to balance finances for psr...but yes I would think that if diaby goes, they would want a big name to replace him.

My worry is they won’t be looking at midfield at all.
Dele and Ndiaye for number ten and then Gana, Garner, Doucs and Tim for the other 2 slots.

Might depend on if they sign Dele and whether they see him as an extra wildcard or an important player.
Doucoure further back worries the hell out of me. He'll get you a handful of goals but he's a liability on the ball.
I think Tim was always bought as one for the future
Dele? Christ knows how that'll play out. I'm conflicted because - lets say he's found that passion again and he's even half the player he was - then he'd be a major asset and we'd be gutted to see someone else benefit. That said, in reality how likely is that? I think he's talent warrants giving him a chance which the club is doing but i wouldn't be relying on him any time soon. Set low expectation and then anything he delivers is a bonus.

I think we need at least one more. a proper defensive midfielder whether that's Phillips or someone else. Someone who allows Gana to chase the ball, allows Garner to get on the ball, and clean up the mess when Doucoure loses the ball when he tries to pass it 5 yards.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back