Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Sensible.

Why do you think it's sensible?

He's on a good deal. Everton won't be stopping him leaving and he's making good money as it is.

He'll stay if we want him to stay or hes happy anyway, regardless of if we offer him a better deal.

I love him btw, but it's mental that we offer players big deals for a club that languish around 15th/16th/17th.

He's on a good deal. Everton won't be stopping him leaving and he's making good money as it is.

He'll stay if we want him to stay or hes happy anyway, regardless of if we offer him a better deal.

I love him btw, but it's mental that we offer players big deals for a club that languish around 15th/16th/17th.

What if we didn’t sell him at all though…….

What if we didn’t sell him at all though…….

Because we are garbage and he isnt

thats the top and bottom of it and you know it.

Right now mate, it's just stupid. He signed an improved deal last year, he'll stay another year if we dig our heels in and refuse to sell him. He'll get his big move and make a lot of money.

I love him, he's my favourite player but he was rewarded with a long term deal he signed last year and I don't see what's changed to say "he deserves a pay rise".

Let's get another year, avoid relegation, qualify for Europe, then say "yeah we want to keep him and give him a big contract".

Because he's performed above his peers who earn more than him at the club.

Why should Holgate and Keane earn more than Jarrad?

Right now mate, it's just stupid. He signed an improved deal last year, he'll stay another year if we dig our heels in and refuse to sell him. He'll get his big move and make a lot of money.

I love him, he's my favourite player but he was rewarded with a long term deal he signed last year and I don't see what's changed to say "he deserves a pay rise".

Let's get another year, avoid relegation, qualify for “staying up”

then say "yeah we want to keep him and give him a big contract".

Not getting too excited, the new deal will just have a buyout clause in it. Agent wouldn't be doing their job in 2024 if they didn't insist on that for highly sought after client.

The most important thing is he stays for another season otherwise the chances of relegation became much higher when you remember who the backups are currently.

Let's get another year, avoid relegation, qualify for Europe, then say "yeah we want to keep him and give him a big contract".

As I say though at some point we have to make a fist at keeping our best players, I’m not naieve, there is a food chain, there will come a point unless we get there that the lad wants Champions League football, however we should be looking to get as many years out of the lad as we can while he holds a value - like Spurs did with Kane or WHU did with Rice - if he stays this summer we’ve done well.

I’d offer his a new deal for two reasons 1) It keeps the lid happy for now - we get the benifit of him and appreciating value, while the players head is less likely to be turned by more money, also means he will want a bigger bump elsewhere to move which overs him into a different bracket of playing value. 2) It makes him harder to extract, if the time comes when he does go at the very least we have to be unwilling sellers and demanding a premium to compensate him.

Imagine that’s what the club are thinking, if true mate! ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back