Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Philips was sooooo bad at west ham. Totally stank the gaff out.

Surely they can find better
I don't mind if if the fee is right. Looking at our team you'd think Gueye x Gana x Doucs would be the starting CMs so there's a bit of room for Phillips to establish himself in the team. Imo Iroegbunam replaces a lot of Onanas characteristics whereas Phillips is more of a natural Gueye-type player. Given a full preseason and 5-10 games, he'll have established himself as a starter

What i really like since Dyche and Thelwell came in, is they have made every place in the squad a functional one, everyone who is here contributes and is expected to. There were years we had 35 players and so many empty squad spots not contributing and just building layers of players on layers of players resulting in a bloated squad and loss making wage bill, lads sitting around or sent out on loan if we were lucky to get one for them.

I dont see that anymore, take Gomes last season he played a role, when the year before he was off in Lile taking 111k weekly out of the club doing it elsewhere. I don't think either Dyche or Thelwell brings anyone here that isn't in a position to contribute - I'm fairly confident of that.

Every year ive seen every squad place, get more function and contribute more - i trust them.

Just my take.

Agreed. If we stick to the age old two players for every position as a rough guide.

Pickford/Virginia

Patterson/Coleman Tarkowski/Keane Branthwaite/Holgate Mykolenko/Young

Garner/Iroegbunam Gana/Doucoure

Harrison/? Ndiaye/? McNeil/?

Calvert Lewin/Beto Maupay/Chermiti

If we could add Gnonto, The Napoli wide bloke, and strike a deal for Dele then those three positions behind the striker would all be covered.

There’s then any young players who might step up during the season but that’s a bonus.

Sure if an opportunity at fullback or centreback came up the club should be looking at it, or if we need to swap out Maupay or DCL, but you can see why the priority seems to be getting in wide players and attacking mids.

'The Brazilian arrived from Udinese last summer but struggled to make his mark in the Premier League, making just 12 starts under Dyche.'

What a crap article :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back