Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Be a reclamation project too far for me. Know we can't go after world beaters but there's a worrying thread with the likes of Ndiaye, Lindstrom, Phillips, Broja even Gnonto to an extent, that they are all decent players but all had bad or non-existent seasons last year. You can't just place all your hope in players who are off-form and low in confidence turning it around.
He peaked under Biesla...Also if he buckled under the pressure of playing for West Ham god help him if the Gwladys Street wakes up on the right side of the bed.

Be a reclamation project too far for me. Know we can't go after world beaters but there's a worrying thread with the likes of Ndiaye, Lindstrom, Phillips, Broja even Gnonto to an extent, that they are all decent players but all had bad or non-existent seasons last year. You can't just place all your hope in players who are off-form and low in confidence turning it around.

You know mate im not sure, id be inclined to think we can, at some point we have to get over the PTSD, trust the manager and DOF and look to recover the squad.

When i think back to say the Moyes days and working with the limits there were loads of fixer uppers for the want of a better word.

We are likely operating in a market in margins and anyone we sign will have a measure of a risk profile, I've made peace with it.

I dont see anyone we are linked with that i dont think cant be recovered or dont have potential. Reality is if they didn't need it we wouldn't get close to them.

Have a lot of faith in Dyche getting a tune out of players, if noting else maximum effort within their capabilities.

So Onana out and Lindstrom, Philips Gnonto in?
Are we stronger going into the season?
If Dom goes then obviously a new striker needed?
Full back area still short and no Godfrey for cover anymore so definitely need work in those areas?
Still plenty to do with not a lot of money!

You know mate im not sure, id be inclined to think we can, at some point we have to get over the PTSD, trust the manager and DOF and look to recover the squad.

When i think back to say the Moyes days and working with the limits there were loads of fixer uppers for the want of a better word.

We are likely operating in a market in margins and anyone we sign will have a measure of a risk profile, I've made peace with it.
Yeah, don't get me wrong I think with the manager and a good group of lads in the dressing room it's probably a good environment for players to turn around form and confidence, just think there are only so many "projects" you should attempt at any one time.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I think with the manager and a good group of lads in the dressing room it's probably a good environment for players to turn around form and confidence, just think there are only so many "projects" you should attempt at any one time.

What i really like since Dyche and Thelwell came in, is they have made every place in the squad a functional one, everyone who is here contributes and is expected to. There were years we had 35 players and so many empty squad spots not contributing and just building layers of players on layers of players resulting in a bloated squad and loss making wage bill, lads sitting around or sent out on loan if we were lucky to get one for them.

I dont see that anymore, take Gomes last season he played a role, when the year before he was off in Lile taking 111k weekly out of the club doing it elsewhere. I don't think either Dyche or Thelwell brings anyone here that isn't in a position to contribute - I'm fairly confident of that.

Every year ive seen every squad place, get more function and contribute more - i trust them.

Just my take.

Last edited:
Philips was sooooo bad at west ham. Totally stank the gaff out.

Surely they can find better

Massive chance under Moyes as well to turn things round and he blew it.

Was always stumped that City bought him let alone paid what they did.

Fair enough if Dyche thinks he can get something out of him. Have personally never understand the fuss around him though.

Seems Kalvin Phillips is the one Dyche wants according to the Echo. Not sure though I would sign him even if he returns to his best. Seems Doucs might play a deeper role and with Gana, Garner and the Villa lad why would we need an expensive player sit on the bench
The only positive of having Phillips, Garner and Gueye in midfield is that we would have no option but to have two very attacking wingers.

Fair enough if Dyche thinks he can get something out of him. Have personally never understand the fuss around him though.

When he played for Leeds i thought he was excellent as he was when he first broke into the England team. He just regressed, with injuries and lack of game time, looked like he couldn't be arsed at West ham. Which begs the question, why should he be any better for us ?

I think Moyes was the perfect manager for him, maybe not at West Ham though. I think his first game killed him and it was game over after that.
We definitely need a midfielder though, it will all come down to wages and loan fee.

So Onana out and Lindstrom, Philips Gnonto in?
Are we stronger going into the season?
If Dom goes then obviously a new striker needed?
Full back area still short and no Godfrey for cover anymore so definitely need work in those areas?
Still plenty to do with not a lot of money!
I’d bet now lindstrom and Phillips don’t end up at us

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back