Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Like the majority of your posts then eh ;)

IMG_9580.webp

The club can value him at whatever they want to tbh, and he did play well for the most part but he played in a very defensive minded setup, top teams won't play like that and will want to see a bit more before shelling out mega bucks for him. I don't have any doubt he can play for a bigger team but I think they want to see him for another season first hence only Utd hovering about.
Of course we can and we have zero obligation to offer him any more money he’s under contract . I’m only suggesting that in my experience happy footballers , like happy employees tend to perform better and are more likely to buy into the future at a company or club if they feel valued and satisfied .

Of course we can and we have zero obligation to offer him any more money he’s under contract . I’m only suggesting that in my experience happy footballers , like happy employees tend to perform better and are more likely to buy into the future at a company or club if they feel valued and satisfied .
Oh I agree but I don't feel we need to be offering him mega bucks that's all that worries me, our track record with contracts is not great tbf.

Keane 100 bags Branthwaite 40 bags...naa you need to be addressing that situation.
Keane should have been booted years ago though, and tbh £40k a week for Branthwaite is good imo, it's his first PL season, we could knock it up to £75k then he will go and get an ACL in the first game and miss the season (we are Everton remember) People need to chill with the kid for a bit imo.

The amount of times we have regretted putting someone on ‘stupid money’ and signed them to a longer term contract and then regretted it. We need to be careful given our perilous financial state as to what salaries we offer (even with the salary burden seemingly reduced), so yes offer him a new contract, double his money even (which would take him to around £70k a week) and if he continues his upward trajectory out a clause in for a pay review next season or something)…..no point offering him mega mega bucks now irrespective of Man Ushited’s interest.

Keane should have been booted years ago though, and tbh £40k a week for Branthwaite is good imo, it's his first PL season, we could knock it up to £75k then he will go and get an ACL in the first game and miss the season (we are Everton remember) People need to chill with the kid for a bit imo.
Whilst I agree and we shouldn't go overboard 80 - 90 bags a week in the current climate is fair reward I think.

I believe he'll excel again this season and there will be more than just United interested next summer.

We've will have also strengthened our position by tying him down to a stronger contract.

Im not necessarily advocating we pay him stupid wages but if we are turning down £50m bids but saying (according to reports ) he’s worth less than a third of the lad he plays next to , less than half the lad none of us want near the team next to him and less than someone whose old enough to be his actual dad then I don’t feel that would make for a happy player .

Perhaps we need to speak to him , negotiate offer incentives and structure
I don’t see how we can value him at £70/80m using the argument he’s better than Maguire, but then pay him probably a fifth of what he is on.

For sure we should be boosting Branthwaites contract if we think he is worth 100million or whatever.

In return we get a longer contract and a happier player hopefully.

Certainly makes more sense than selling him for relative buttons and then having to replace.

I don’t see how we can value him at £70/80m using the argument he’s better than Maguire, but then pay him probably a fifth of what he is on.
I think if you’re the player that’s a tough sell isn’t it ? Ultimately the lad is under contract so as others have said we are under no obligation to offer anything but if you want more than that and want to keep the player happy and performing at the top of his game then sitting down and chatting about a rise feels like a sensible course of action .

If a young reserve striker came into the first team , played ok and got a new deal but then became a permanent fixture and our top scorer with 20 goals leading to us turning down £50m bids I don’t think there would even be a discussion about offering him a new deal .

If anything I'd argue that makes him worth more....he's not got the baggage of a crazy contract currently. I'm unsure a new contract now puts us in any better a position (unless he plans to down tools and upset the dressing room)
It's this kind of upping people's wages for no reason that got us into this mess. Holgate being the prime example...got linked to city after a few good games...got a 5 year deal at 70k a week

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back