Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He’s had one good season with us and a decent one with PSV before hand but in the PL it is just one season so by all means strengthen the club’s position by offering him a new contract and provide him with a salary increase.

I’m not saying the increase has to be in line with what a £70m footballer’s salary is (he’s not worth that despite our valuation as no one has bought him and offered for him at that salary) but he does in my opinion deserve more money if the reported salary of £35k a week is correct. If anyone should be our top earner it should be Pickford. Top performer for us in the last few seasons, and England’s no 1.

He’s had one good season with us and a decent one with PSV before hand but in the PL it is just one season so by all means strengthen the club’s position by offering him a new contract and provide him with a salary increase.

I’m not saying the increase has to be in line with what a £70m footballer’s salary is (he’s not worth that despite our valuation as no one has bought him and offered for him at that salary) but he does in my opinion deserve more money if the reported salary of £35k a week is correct. If anyone should be our top earner it should be Pickford. Top performer for us in the last few seasons, and England’s no 1.
Im not necessarily advocating we pay him stupid wages but if we are turning down £50m bids but saying (according to reports ) he’s worth less than a third of the lad he plays next to , less than half the lad none of us want near the team next to him and less than someone whose old enough to be his actual dad then I don’t feel that would make for a happy player .

Perhaps we need to speak to him , negotiate offer incentives and structure

1000029952.webp

@Zatara @maccavennie

Don't you ever tell any fan how they should or shouldn't support the club or what their views should be, who the hell do you think you are?

If you equate calling someone out for wanting to underpay others while posting insults towards me...

...to telling them "how to support the club" thats on you.

I have done nothing of the sort. I also dont see you calling them out for the insults towards me.

As a matter of fact I share your view that Branthwaite deserves an improved contract but I can acknowledge the counter argument that he was happy to sign the contract and should put up with it as players such as Keane and Holgate are more than happy to do. Interesting isn't it that players expect to get a better contract when they improve and do well but are more than happy and of course are within their rights to sit on a contract and not entertain a reduction when their form would otherwise justify a decrease in salary.

Regardless it the personal stuff that I was referring to. You are an intelligent, interesting ( bit mad at times like) poster , please don't go the route of insults.

I feel that no matter the persons career they should be compensated on performance.

Its unfortunate when someone is given a payrise or a promotion who doesnt deserve it...its also not idea if someone receives a payrise and then consistently underperforms.

To have such an attitude that people should be underpaid is despicable and then to insult someone for pointing it out says alot about that person who i have now put on ignore.

I dont think ive posted an insult -- is it not logical that many on here (as i stated) consider that to be 'tory behaviour' and call them nasty words?

If you equate calling someone out for wanting to underpay others while posting insults towards me...

...to telling them "how to support the club" thats on you.

I have done nothing of the sort. I also dont see you calling them out for the insults towards me.

I feel that no matter the persons career they should be compensated on performance.

Its unfortunate when someone is given a payrise or a promotion who doesnt deserve it...its also not idea if someone receives a payrise and then consistently underperforms.

To have such an attitude that people should be underpaid is despicable and then to insult someone for pointing it out says alot about that person who i have now put on ignore.

I dont think ive posted an insult -- is it not logical that many on here (as i stated) consider that to be 'tory behavior' and call them nasty words?
He has a contract at the moment and that poster doesn't feel that we should change it and for what it's worth I agree with them. Jarrad has a fair bit to go before he starts hitting the £70-80m value for me (You and others disagree) he certainly didn't look much up against the likes of Haaland, Isak, and Palmer at times last season. He needs time to do his thing and grow imo and our fans are getting carried away and putting pressure on him atm. We will ruin him if not careful. Nobody needs to be hurling political insults at each other over it though, bit pathetic all that, EVERYONE is entitled to their own view mate (even if its seems a bit bonkers at times)

He has a contract at the moment and that poster doesn't feel that we should change it and for what it's worth I agree with them. Jarrad has a fair bit to go before he starts hitting the £70-80m value for me (You and others disagree) he certainly didn't look much up against the likes of Haaland, Isak, and Palmer at times last season. He needs time to do his thing and grow imo and our fans are getting carried away and putting pressure on him atm. We will ruin him if not careful. Nobody needs to be hurling political insults at each other over it though, bit pathetic all that, EVERYONE is entitled to their own view mate (even if its seems a bit bonkers at times)
I’m not saying he’s performed like a £70m player but he played well and as a club we value him at that don’t we ? According to reports , which may or may not be true , united were looking at paying him over £150k a week . Staying at Everton therefore over 12 months is a massive financial hit , If we can diminish that hit surely everyone is happy ?

Salary anywhere should be commensurate with performance.

The £40k a week has been mentioned in the media. He's now been capped by England and voted in as club Young Player Of The Year.

The club has rejected these recent offers, which in addition to the performance levels are worth more than £40k a week.

I’m not saying he’s performed like a £70m player but he played well and as a club we value him at that don’t we ? According to reports , which may or may not be true , united were looking at paying him over £150k a week . Staying at Everton therefore over 12 months is a massive financial hit , If we can diminish that hit surely everyone is happy ?
The club can value him at whatever they want to tbh, and he did play well for the most part but he played in a very defensive minded setup, top teams won't play like that and will want to see a bit more before shelling out mega bucks for him. I don't have any doubt he can play for a bigger team but I think they want to see him for another season first hence only Utd hovering about.

Salary anywhere should be commensurate with performance.

The £40k a week has been mentioned in the media. He's now been capped by England and voted in as club Young Player Of The Year.

The club has rejected these recent offers, which in addition to the performance levels are worth more than £40k a week.
Again that's your view

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back