Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It’s pretty basic stuff, you give Jarod a pay increase not because you have to buy to recognise the club appreciates what a brilliant season he’s had and how important he is.

If united are throwing massive wage numbers at him and Everton don’t look at his wage it’s bound to be on his mind.

We’d be the same in our work situation if a competitor was offering a lot more.

It’s pretty basic stuff, you give Jarod a pay increase not because you have to buy to recognise the club appreciates what a brilliant season he’s had and how important he is.

If united are throwing massive wage numbers at him and Everton don’t look at his wage it’s bound to be on his mind.

Reassure him that he'll be at Madrid in a year.

But if you acknowledge we need to be recovered, how is it a bad idea to invest in probably our highest value asset on the pitch and off the pitch.

I say fair play to the club for making a fist of trying to keep him and making him feel valued, if giving him a couple of a million a year, gives us another 20-30 mill on what’s been offered thus far - class, it takes him into a different bracket of value and also makes him harder to extract if you add another year or two into his contract, equally class. If your selling anything - you should always be an unwilling seller.

Unless we do a full Moyes in the CL season, he’s likely to move at some point, but keeping the player onside given the power players have these days, keeping his value in the team for as long as we can and letting him appreciate - by investing a bit more in our best player making him harder to extract, I don’t think is a bad thing at all.

He might have a journey here, if he takes us another 5 or 6 places this year and who knows maybe a few more the following year I’m happy he’s getting a couple more million. Hes not comparable to Holgate.

Mina was 120k a week, Gomes on 111k a week, Jarrod probably played more then either in the last few years of their contracts - we need to reward winners and show their is a pathway here.

You know I’m actually not that down on our team, I think we’re recovering it and I think we’l see more improvement this year.

I’ll also be very honest - what’s happened here is his agent has said, right you value him at 75 mill, what your paying him doesn’t reflect that, we will give an extra two years extension on his contract if you give him another 60k a week or we will kick off and go to Utd where he will get 160k a week, it’s a bad agent if he doesn’t, a new contract suits all. That’s the game and you have to be streetwise.
At the top levels, you are either feeding the top teams your best talent or you are one of the top teams being fed by the others. Until you can sell a real shot at playing in Europe, you have to at least pay a wage that will be comparable.

Why do you think it's sensible?

He's on a good deal. Everton won't be stopping him leaving and he's making good money as it is.

He'll stay if we want him to stay or hes happy anyway, regardless of if we offer him a better deal.

I love him btw, but it's mental that we offer players big deals for a club that languish around 15th/16th/17th.

Because we are garbage and he isnt

thats the top and bottom of it and you know it.

Right now mate, it's just stupid. He signed an improved deal last year, he'll stay another year if we dig our heels in and refuse to sell him. He'll get his big move and make a lot of money.

I love him, he's my favourite player but he was rewarded with a long term deal he signed last year and I don't see what's changed to say "he deserves a pay rise".

Let's get another year, avoid relegation, qualify for Europe, then say "yeah we want to keep him and give him a big contract".

Sound mate. Give everyone a bigger deal than Holgate and Keane because that's what some Dutch bellend gave them, that'll make everything fair then.

I could have stopped reading after that because I know your not.

But sentiment gets the better if you then

We are crap. Absolutely God awful absolutely 100% embarrassingly 'kin crap mate. You know it (reluctantly) and I know it.

We're offering strikers who score 7 goals a season (again, a player I love) over 100k to under perform.

There isn't one player in this squad that deserves to be on anything near, close or over 100k.

Jarred is an absolute beast, brilliant player. He knows Evertonians love him, knows the club lobe him, he's on a decent wage for his age and when he came back from PSV was very happy with the offer, enough to sign a long term deal.

Everton are a stepping stone to him, make no mistake about that. We won't be building a side around him because 14th/15th/16th/17th placed sides don't get that chance.

I'll be made up if he stays another season mate i really will, but us adding another 20k on an already big wage won't make him stay longer.

What happens if he has a crap season mate? Does that demand a higher fee?

He's had a great season, he seems settled, got a new deal last season. We're still crap so csnt we just keep him on a settled wage?

We're a lower league PL club with players still on top 8 wages. I dont get why people would want to be lobbing big wages at anyone no matter how goof they are.

Can't help but agree here. If we are probably resigned to losing him in 12 months, what's the point in upping his wages by £50k per week.

Only reason to improve his contract is if it is going to benefit us and not him.

These posts make no sense on any logical level.

In my opinion it’s basic stuff to pay him a salary commensurate with his value , his value is apparently in excess of £70m so a new contract seems a decent way to keep him onside .

What happens if he has a crap season mate? Does that demand a higher fee?

He's had a great season, he seems settled, got a new deal last season. We're still crap so csnt we just keep him on a settled wage?

We're a lower league PL club with players still on top 8 wages. I dont get why people would want to be lobbing big wages at anyone no matter how goof they are.

Everything has risk … you can only do your due diligence, homework and make the best decision you can .

All signs point to him being an outstanding player and I am as confident in him as I was in stones in becoming a top player .

We have handed contracts to players for doing absolutely nothing and it’s bitten us … he deserves a contract negotiation and unless he gets injured I would see it as good business .

I would be trying to pay out Carlisle now if it is at all possible . They may be open to cash now rather than later depending on finances etc.

H
In my opinion it’s basic stuff to pay him a salary commensurate with his value , his value is apparently in excess of £70m so a new contract seems a decent way to keep him onside .
How much is he getting paid right now?

I think it would be fair to offer him what Onana was on, what ever that was.

H

How much is he getting paid right now?

I think it would be fair to offer him what Onana was on, what ever that was.
I mean probably but that’s negotiations , however haven’t we turned down a fee similar to what we sold Onana for ? That would give his side some power you’d think but yeah you’re very possibly right .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back