Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Also amuses me the things that get said about the esk on here? Do people actually listen to what he says or do they, as it looks just take bite size sound bites and twist them in to something else?

He was the loudest voice against 777 and he was right they were a sham of a company?
Listened to his explanation yesterday on the collapse and it was very thorough, and he said that they would have to sell more players maybe not in the short term but simply because we bring in less money than we pay out which is pretty much fact as we lose money every year

Also amuses me the things that get said about the esk on here? Do people actually listen to what he says or do they, as it looks just take bite size sound bites and twist them in to something else?

He was the loudest voice against 777 and he was right they were a sham of a company?
Listened to his explanation yesterday on the collapse and it was very thorough, and he said that they would have to sell more players maybe not in the short term but simply because we bring in less money than we pay out which is pretty much fact as we lose money every year
It's not the 777 situation why the esk is laughed at and what lead to him losing credibility.

I think everyone knew 777 were a sham to be fair. It was very visible with their other clubs how shady they were

He said years ago that we were in big financial trouble and got laughed at tbf
He did, but also his predictions were also way off IIRC. Broken clock is right twice a day and all - if you doompost for years at least something will come true at some point.

Everyone knew we were skint when he was also saying we're skint is what I mean, it wasn't some sort of mystery - we had AGMs and all showing barely any profits, kept doing utterly nonsensical and weak marketing and sponsorship deals and partnerships, it was fairly obvious we're skint.

He claimed there were no Russian ties and we'll be fine, along many other things that were just flat untrue.

No doubt a good and very knowledgeable financier/economist, but you have to point out the mistakes, you know? There's also a classic saying about economists and financial crisis/recession predictions that fits well here - "economists have successfully predicted 9 out of the last 4 recessions".

He did, but also his predictions were also way off IIRC. Broken clock is right twice a day and all - if you doompost for years at least something will come true at some point.

Everyone knew we were skint when he was also saying we're skint is what I mean, it wasn't some sort of mystery - we had AGMs and all showing barely any profits, kept doing utterly nonsensical and weak marketing and sponsorship deals and partnerships, it was fairly obvious we're skint.

He claimed there were no Russian ties and we'll be fine, along many other things that were just flat untrue.

No doubt a good and very knowledgeable financier/economist, but you have to point out the mistakes, you know? There's also a classic saying about economists and financial crisis/recession predictions that fits well here - "economists have successfully predicted 9 out of the last 4 recessions".
Indeed, however, he wasnt just saying we were skint, he was saying we are in big trouble - he often talked of PSR related stuff that most people ignored.
I amnot sayin he is without fault but he was way ahead of the curve on our current plight.
Odd that he was unaware of Usmanov involvement though

He also said years ago that Usmanov had nothing to do with the club.
You can no longer search his name on here.

But hes spent the last 10 years+ chatting complete and utter wham and people wanna praise him cos he "called 777 correct".

Not for me.

I will refrain from voicing my full opinion of him, but needless to say the man is a self-serving enemy of this football club.

Indeed, however, he wasnt just saying we were skint, he was saying we are in big trouble - he often talked of PSR related stuff that most people ignored.
I amnot sayin he is without fault but he was way ahead of the curve on our current plight.
Odd that he was unaware of Usmanov involvement though
Yeah agreed.

Also PSR "shifted" relatively recently - it was also known we're toeing the line, hence no signings or no big wages etc. for years, we just let go also "recently".

Again, not knocking the person or how knowledgeable he is for financial matters, he seems like a good bloke and a great Evertonian and I'm aware several people on here know him personally - he maybe piped up when he shouldn't have, or was maybe too adamant on some things being true when they were dubious half-truths at best. That's my 2p worth anyway.

You can no longer search his name on here.

But hes spent the last 10 years+ chatting complete and utter wham and people wanna praise him cos he "called 777 correct".

Not for me.

I will refrain from voicing my full opinion of him, but needless to say the man is a self-serving enemy of this football club.

I called 777 correct too, can I have multiple thousand followers and a subscription podcast?

Because the esk didn't appear out of thin air, a lot on here knew him for 10-15 years prior to what he is now.

It didn't take much to predict 777 was a sham of a company, it was common knowledge in the financial sphere (which Paul does his e done involvement with btw)

People's problems come from the fact he was shown to be an inventor of tall tales to say it nicely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back