Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Also amuses me the things that get said about the esk on here? Do people actually listen to what he says or do they, as it looks just take bite size sound bites and twist them in to something else?

He was the loudest voice against 777 and he was right they were a sham of a company?
Listened to his explanation yesterday on the collapse and it was very thorough, and he said that they would have to sell more players maybe not in the short term but simply because we bring in less money than we pay out which is pretty much fact as we lose money every year
He's also admitted he was incentivised financially to put out comms stating 'mystery bidders are waiting in the wings' and 'administration wouldn't be as apocalyptic as mystery bidders are waiting for the right moment to show up'. In my books anyone who advocates for administration and waits until after the bidding process is seemingly 'completed to reveal he was being paid to speak, deserves all the negative press he gets!

He's also admitted he was incentivised financially to put out comms stating 'mystery bidders are waiting in the wings' and 'administration wouldn't be as apocalyptic as mystery bidders are waiting for the right moment to show up'. In my books anyone who advocates for administration and waits until after the bidding process is seemingly 'completed to reveal he was being paid to speak, deserves all the negative press he gets!
You know what mate? That's libellous. He'd genuinely have reason to sue you for this if it proves to be incorrect (which I'm 99.99999% certain it is).

(Supposing we have the build of the Onana money to spend)

So what would be your strategy lads;

1. Take a chance on a few young players, low risk high reward

2. A couple of seasoned pros, get us safe

3. Loans lad, try before you buy

Or

4. Lump it all on one striker, we never replaced Rom

So my optimism has been dashed for this summer transfer window as we seem to be linked to the esk as a possible transfer I would assume as everybody keeps posting about someone who has been consistently incorrect in their assessments of the club so im thinking as signing would make more sense even though he somehow older than ashley young so that doesn't seem ideal either...

He also said years ago that Usmanov had nothing to do with the club.
He hasn't, on paper.

Whilst I think we can all acknowledge that, sponsorship aside, he has ultimate control based on anecdotal evidence, there isn't anything tangible linking him to us. Which is a pity because if there were we'd have been sold by now.

He seems happy with new signings and the form/fitness of Beto, Chermiti, Harrison.
No mention of further signings.
Different tone to previous transfer windows.

He said the other day that we were in a position of seeing which players might be going first. Once Onana is all done and dusted and potentially DCL, we will see some of that money reinvested.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (4)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield (5)
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tim Iroegbunam (UA)
Iliman Ndiaye (HG)

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)

Strikers (4)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

Yep, we do, numbers wise, we are ok, would love another player or 2, but when you factor in a few yoot, we certainly have the numbers.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (4)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield (5)
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tim Iroegbunam (UA)
Iliman Ndiaye (HG)

Wide Forwards (2)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)

Strikers (4)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

Yep, we do, numbers wise, we are ok, would love another player or 2, but when you factor in a few yoot, we certainly have the numbers.
Keane and Holgate as backup centre backs...

this-is-fine-its-fine.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back