Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Right back is a major major concern. Coleman looked out of his depth against literal farmers last week, he’s not capable of playing football anymore. Less said about Young the better. Dyche won’t use Patterson, point blank.

We need a right back.
That was old, scrawny Patterson. New, bulky Patto will rip the door to Dyche's office off the hinges and force his way on to the team.

I think the squad still needs to be tightened up at several areas before we even consider a safety-spot in the league next season.

Outs:

- Patterson: i don't see him being able to cope with the physicality of the PL season after season. Still shows raw edges when he plays.
- Holgate: made a personal mistake again (again, again, again) vs. Sligo. He's a liability. Played well to earn his current contract, but has since been a disaster.
- Keane: a liability and will personal cause us to drop 6 point because of personal errors. Out.
- Maupay: one of the worst buy in Everton-history. He offers absolutely nothing and seems like the most irritating footballer in world football atm
- Beto: started well, but showed he is nowhere near to make a difference for us. Can play against lower leagues sides at best.

Is it possible to generate any funds from these players? 5 mil for Patterson, a loan-out for Holgate, 2-5 mil for Keane and perhaps Beto can be shipped to Italy or Fenerbache for around 15 mil. So at best, 20-20 mil, but i am not sure it is possible or realistic in any way.

Ins:

- RB: We need a no. 1 RB, whereas Coleman can act like a mentor/sub. I actually like Wan Bissaka from United, but i dont think we are able to cope with his salary.
- CB: We need to replace both Holgate and Keane if we sell/loan both. If we are stuck with both for economical reasons, then let us pray that they NEVER touch the field.
- CM: We need cover for Onana, and there are still questions to be asked here. Atm we can only rely on Doucs, Gana and Garner.
- Wing: We need at least two attacking options; preferebly a winger and some kind of flexible offensive player that can operate through the lines
- Attacker: if we manage to let Beto and Maupay go, and DCL also choose to leave, then we are in a big need for a striker, since we cant rely on Chermiti alone.

So; there is still A LOT of business to be done. We all know, that the financial side of the club is a havoc, and we don't know how far the club can go. In my last post in this thread (before summer) i wrote, that the nr. 1 target for Everton is to keep our defensive unit in check, and i am SO pleased to see, that it looks like we are going to do that. Pickford, Tarky and Branthwaite are imo the key to stay in the PL, and if some of them are getting injured (not Pickford since i rate Virginia), we are pretty much [Poor language removed] since they will be replaced by disaster-players like Keane and Holgate.

Can you imagine Spurs taking us all to court for misrepresenting the terms of Dele transfer. Anything other than saying he was on loan was surely libellous.
Exactly my point.
And that is before any poster-on-poster legal action occurs.

There is a time and a place to sort stuff out, usually in a Friday evening in the supermarket car park of their choice (or in the Arena thread), not in a court of law.

We can but wait for our invitation to a suitable choice of Morrisons car park, from that whopper Levy and the rest of those Cockerels from Spurs.

Dyche uses maybe 13-14 players when everyone is fit.
The rest are basically emergency players in case of injury.

Pickford
One of the guys at right back (for sake of argument, lets say Coleman)
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Garner
Gueye
Harrison
McNeil
Doucoure
Calvert Lewin

He will also use
Young
Chermiti
Beto
N'Diaye
Keane
Patterson

Obviously there are spots were i would prefer better quality, but take out Onana and that's pretty much the side that finished 12th last season with 6 back ups.

The reality of it is, that that group are good enough for Dyche to keep this team up comfortably with his style of play. With us back to square one in terms of ownership....that might be the reality
If you could rely on a largely injury free season you could probably be able to get a team out most weeks with a squad of 14 players as they did in the seventies.

But, in the modern game with the physical demands on the players you have to rotate players in and out.

The inability to do this in my opinion was a large factor in the decline in our results mid season, Garner was absolutely running on fumes, McNeill as well.

He's also admitted he was incentivised financially to put out comms stating 'mystery bidders are waiting in the wings' and 'administration wouldn't be as apocalyptic as mystery bidders are waiting for the right moment to show up'. In my books anyone who advocates for administration and waits until after the bidding process is seemingly 'completed to reveal he was being paid to speak, deserves all the negative press he gets!
This is the main point he never ever advocated administration he said administration would be a better option to 777 but I constantly see people saying he wanted administration.
I agree he has got a lot wrong but my point is the constant misquoting and changing what he said into something completely different which is bizarre and judging by the comments it is because he has a podcast and a few followers.
Anyway let’s hope we get a few players in this week

Right back is a major major concern. Coleman looked out of his depth against literal farmers last week, he’s not capable of playing football anymore. Less said about Young the better. Dyche won’t use Patterson, point blank.

We need a right back.
You think...and i also think we do need a right back, but we cant have 4 right backs in our squad.

If you could rely on a largely injury free season you could probably be able to get a team out most weeks with a squad of 14 players as they did in the seventies.

But, in the modern game with the physical demands on the players you have to rotate players in and out.

The inability to do this in my opinion was a large factor in the decline in our results mid season, Garner was absolutely running on fumes, McNeill as well.
But Dyche didn't do that in the modern game. he stuck to his tried and trusted 13/14 players and it worked as he finished 12th.

Ugochukwu has been brought back from the French Olympic squad to Chelsea early, speculation that he is going out on loan to Everton

looks like an Onana replacement

Yerrrsss Big Les incoming.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back