Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think the squad still needs to be tightened up at several areas before we even consider a safety-spot in the league next season.

Outs:

- Patterson: i don't see him being able to cope with the physicality of the PL season after season. Still shows raw edges when he plays.
- Holgate: made a personal mistake again (again, again, again) vs. Sligo. He's a liability. Played well to earn his current contract, but has since been a disaster.
- Keane: a liability and will personal cause us to drop 6 point because of personal errors. Out.
- Maupay: one of the worst buy in Everton-history. He offers absolutely nothing and seems like the most irritating footballer in world football atm
- Beto: started well, but showed he is nowhere near to make a difference for us. Can play against lower leagues sides at best.

Is it possible to generate any funds from these players? 5 mil for Patterson, a loan-out for Holgate, 2-5 mil for Keane and perhaps Beto can be shipped to Italy or Fenerbache for around 15 mil. So at best, 20-20 mil, but i am not sure it is possible or realistic in any way.

Ins:

- RB: We need a no. 1 RB, whereas Coleman can act like a mentor/sub. I actually like Wan Bissaka from United, but i dont think we are able to cope with his salary.
- CB: We need to replace both Holgate and Keane if we sell/loan both. If we are stuck with both for economical reasons, then let us pray that they NEVER touch the field.
- CM: We need cover for Onana, and there are still questions to be asked here. Atm we can only rely on Doucs, Gana and Garner.
- Wing: We need at least two attacking options; preferebly a winger and some kind of flexible offensive player that can operate through the lines
- Attacker: if we manage to let Beto and Maupay go, and DCL also choose to leave, then we are in a big need for a striker, since we cant rely on Chermiti alone.

So; there is still A LOT of business to be done. We all know, that the financial side of the club is a havoc, and we don't know how far the club can go. In my last post in this thread (before summer) i wrote, that the nr. 1 target for Everton is to keep our defensive unit in check, and i am SO pleased to see, that it looks like we are going to do that. Pickford, Tarky and Branthwaite are imo the key to stay in the PL, and if some of them are getting injured (not Pickford since i rate Virginia), we are pretty much [Poor language removed] since they will be replaced by disaster-players like Keane and Holgate.
Nobody will want any of these.

We will have to keep them until their contracts expire.

We have enough for Dyche, that's not a negative comment from me. But he's not going to go out and buy a player unless it improves the first team
If we're talking about the defense I think Dyche would be happy to go with what we've got, despite the lack of quality in depth.

The wide players are a different story though imo. No manager will be happy going into a season with just 2 wide players, Dyche is rubbish at making subs but he'll at least want an option to bring on in every position.

We can if 2 of them don’t count as footballers.
But they do count, 2 of them were given contracts.
They may not count for yourself or others, but they are still members of the team/squad.
We are not buying another right back unless Patterson gets loaned out.
We wont get another centre back in unless we can shift Holgate, otherwise he will take up the Godfrey role.

As someone has just mentioned, realistically..... the only position we will probably upgrade without departures could be on the wing

I that suing people over incorrect or made up posts on GOT would be a dangerous and throughly exhausting precedence to set.
There's a line mate. If I were someone like the Esk, being accused on an internet forum of taking money from prospective Everton owners to peddle certain lines on my own social media might be enough for me to decide that legal action to stop falsehoods being written about me might be in order.

You'll remember we were very careful on here with respect to what was written about former players of the club during certain ongoing legal issues.

If you're going to accuse someone of taking bungs potentially against the best interests of the club, you should make sure you can back up the claims.

There's a line mate. If I were someone like the Esk, being accused on an internet forum of taking money from prospective Everton owners to peddle certain lines on my own social media might be enough for me to decide that legal action to stop falsehoods being written about me might be in order.

You'll remember we were very careful on here with respect to what was written about former players of the club during certain ongoing legal issues.

If you're going to accuse someone of taking bungs potentially against the best interests of the club, you should make sure you can back up the claims.
@Bungle Did The Esk 'take you'?

So we sell Godfrey for £10m to Atalanta, Dobbin to Villa for same price, release Gomes and Dele Ali (off you go 👍) but still have Holgate and Keane.
Yeah unlikely to be able to sell Holgate, likeliest option is to get at least a percentage of his wages paid by a championship team whose never watched him play before

Keane is entirely down to the player, if he asks to be allowed a move we'll let him for a modest fee, cus crs are he'd get takers too if he's willing to drop his current wages in order to get a 3-4 year deal someplace, he's actually a decent pickup for sone teams.

Yeah unlikely to be able to sell Holgate, likeliest option is to get at least a percentage of his wages paid by a championship team whose never watched him play before

Keane is entirely down to the player, if he asks to be allowed a move we'll let him for a modest fee, cus crs are he'd get takers too if he's willing to drop his current wages in order to get a 3-4 year deal someplace, he's actually a decent pickup for sone teams.
I don't understand why we've sold Godfrey unless he wanted out

Off Topic

Are we allowed to speculate that ‘The Esk’ has a micro penis?

But they do count, 2 of them were given contracts.
They may not count for yourself or others, but they are still members of the team/squad.
We are not buying another right back unless Patterson gets loaned out.
We wont get another centre back in unless we can shift Holgate, otherwise he will take up the Godfrey role.

As someone has just mentioned, realistically..... the only position we will probably upgrade without departures could be on the wing

Agree if Patterson stays then at best we may bring in a player who 'can' play there but won't be a natural right back. (Godfrey replacement) Think the same is true on the left also with Mykolenko, if he stays same situstion.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back