Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Would people take signing Lindstrom, Gnonto, and Philips in the next couple of weeks and then leaving it till deadline day to see if we could secure any further loans?

It's harder to know on outgoings, DCL, Beto, I don't see either of them going until very late in the window if at all and we would have to look for replacements if that materialised.

Yes to bolded, no to Phillips. Just really don't think it's a good move at all for us.

Would people take signing Lindstrom, Gnonto, and Philips in the next couple of weeks and then leaving it till deadline day to see if we could secure any further loans?

It's harder to know on outgoings, DCL, Beto, I don't see either of them going until very late in the window if at all and we would have to look for replacements if that materialised.
I definitely would not take Philips. He was never that good in the first place, and was absolutely horrific for West Ham. I don't like the kind of player that trades his career for getting richer - he knew he'd never make it at City but still forfeited the best years of his career. He would have been a millionaire ten times over without joining City. Swerve him.

I definitely would not take Philips. He was never that good in the first place, and was absolutely horrific for West Ham. I don't like the kind of player that trades his career for getting richer - he knew he'd never make it at City but still forfeited the best years of his career. He would have been a millionaire ten times over without joining City. Swerve him.
The Kalvin Phillips who played under Bielsa was a player you'd want in your team. I remember watching them play Liverpool and Klopp had such respect for him that he man marked him, because everything went through Phillips. Positionally good and his passing was brilliant.

Since he left Leeds though, he's fallen off a cliff. That spell he had at West Ham last year was a nightmare and it's pretty difficult to make a case for why he'd be worth a punt from us now.

I’m not really delighted at the option of him , although like I said I’m probably in trusting the manager zone but I do disagree with your assessment of him trading career for money . If you read autobiographies , biographies, go to sportsmans dinners or even run into people involved in the sport the one thing that seems to come across is that part of a footballers , and others sports stars , success is they believe completely in themselves . It seems to be something that takes they through their early adversity but also they seem to think they’ll displace any teammate however unlucky it seems to us on the outside .

I can’t imagine Phillips is any different .

The Kalvin Phillips who played under Bielsa was a player you'd want in your team. I remember watching them play Liverpool and Klopp had such respect for him that he man marked him, because everything went through Phillips. Positionally good and his passing was brilliant.

Since he left Leeds though, he's fallen off a cliff. That spell he had at West Ham last year was a nightmare and it's pretty difficult to make a case for why he'd be worth a punt from us now.
I think if he had some time to regain his fitness under dyche, he could possibly be decent again maybe not at the level he was at leads but not the calamity he was during his spell at west ham. I'd rather us look for someone else but If dyche has a vision and plan to implement him into squad I'd be okay with it

It was definitely a debacle for Phillips at west ham but moyes did him no favors in immediately starting him when he hadn't played regularly for awhile especially when they had some decent options in midfield
If we are going to get him in. It needs to be soon , so we can look at getting that match fitness asap.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back