Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

With a good pre season and an arm around him from Dyche I think Kalvin Phillips could be great for us. Out of the city spotlight and at a club that will back hard him if he gives everything.

Fans have short memories but there was a reason the best team in the country paid £50m to acquire him.

And then he turned up to his first pre-season with them fat.

With a good pre season and an arm around him from Dyche I think Kalvin Phillips could be great for us. Out of the city spotlight and at a club that will back hard him if he gives everything.

Fans have short memories but there was a reason the best team in the country paid £50m to acquire him.
Was just about to post something similar. Dyche’s focus on fitness and discipline would do him well. Also how he’s handled DCL through injuries is a good omen for a player like Phillips.

Gnoto and Lindstrom will both get done this week mate, as in the next 7 days
You can understand if these things are taken with a pinch of salt, with all due respect.

Feels like the longer anything happens with no movement, the less likely they are to happen. These have been allegedly ‘done’ for weeks.

You can understand if these things are taken with a pinch of salt, with all due respect.

Feels like the longer anything happens with no movement, the less likely they are to happen. These have been allegedly ‘done’ for weeks.
The ndiaye transfer was the same way though to be fair it was reported to be done then a week or so went by before he officially signed sometimes you got the minutiae to cover before everything is completely legit

The ndiaye transfer was the same way though to be fair it was reported to be done then a week or so went by before he officially signed sometimes you got the minutiae to cover before everything is completely legit
True but there didn’t seem to be any other interest in him. Our version of ‘covering everything’ seems to take weeks instead of days.

Sadly our owner doesn’t have the same attitude towards due diligence

I definitely would not take Philips. He was never that good in the first place, and was absolutely horrific for West Ham. I don't like the kind of player that trades his career for getting richer - he knew he'd never make it at City but still forfeited the best years of his career. He would have been a millionaire ten times over without joining City. Swerve him.
DO not agree with this at all

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back