Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I'd be steering well clear of Philips. He was a decent player for Leeds (when he wasn't injured). On the evidence of his west ham loan spell, he dosent get anywhere near our squad, especially when you consider his wages! Hard swerve.
I just don’t see the risk reward in any permanent signing of him at all. Even as a loan there are probably better uses of the slot.

He was a good player for Leeds but not such an elite player that you take a chance on getting him back to that level when you quite likely will not.

Even the Dele deal which has worked out badly the potential upside was way way higher: you could get a world class player if the project works, or he could stink the place out. With Phillips there’s still a real risk he could stink, but the ceiling isn’t nearly as high.

Plus Phillips would likely cost a significant initial fee, plus he is older than Dele now let alone when we signed him. If the Dele deal was a bad one I don’t see how taking a punt on Phillips wouldn’t be much stupider.

With a good pre season and an arm around him from Dyche I think Kalvin Phillips could be great for us. Out of the city spotlight and at a club that will back hard him if he gives everything.

Fans have short memories but there was a reason the best team in the country paid £50m to acquire him.

Saw a video of City's training tour in the states, looks like he's been working over the summer and looked lean.

I should hope so. He's 29 later this year. Very real chance his career will just disappear if his next move isn't good.
100% this and perhaps he had realised this, what with that loan spell at West ham last year going badly wrong for him, city and west ham.

If there was ever a moyes type player, Phillips would be your man.

His next move could be make or break for him. Do what he did at Leeds, and all is good, and a perm move away from city. Do what he did at West ham, and he will be journey man.

Its a no for me unless city pay most of his wages. Not sure if West ham paid all of his wages last season

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back