Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yup I agree

Both Braithwaite and Tarkowski could easily play in a back three, Mykolenko I'm certain hss played there also a fair bit at international level.

Keane can't, it's been shown every time he's had too, Holgate is just terrible full stop. Can Coleman play the rcb role, possibly but I'd be hugely wary of it and think itd be a disaster over time. The other fullbacks not a chance.

So would need a CB whose got the attributes needed to play the rcb role, pace, awareness ideally size too (plus points if he's played in a 3 before)

Coleman’s played as part of a three before - though his legs might be questionable these days (in general).

A worse one would be carefully building a team on limited funds and then panicking and throwing too much at a cf (Beto, Maupay) mate.

A lot depends on how they view Chermiti, is he ready to be given a lot more game time
Not recruiting forwards properly over the last 7 or 8 years is one of the main reasons our recruitment went so wrong.

Until we sign goalscorers, we are wasting our time with recruitment. Nothing else is even close to as important as improving our goal scoring.

Centre mid/Onana absolutely needs to be #1 priority now

Good job we don’t have any recent history of selling a player for big money and not replacing them in that window!!!

The thing is mate, Onana wasn't even starting for us by the end of last season, and with Ndiaye it's likely Doucoure will be deployed as a CM and not a 10. So, maybe Dyche and Thelwell feel he doesn't need to be replaced?

Centre mid/Onana absolutely needs to be #1 priority now

Good job we don’t have any recent history of selling a player for big money and not replacing them in that window!!!
Still think need a winger plus cb and cf aswell, cm is a strange one think we will be looking at a loan

How would that work I must ask? You can’t have a striker, a second striker and an attacking mid on the pitch in a 4-4-2
You can, but rarely done these days. I know he prefers to have 2 up top, though he likes to give freedom to the 2nd guy to drop in, and he likes to have his wide players more tucked in rather than traditional wingers. He prefers quick counter attacks and going through the middle. Either he plays one of them "out of position" on the wing, or he keeps the wide players back more with an extra attacker in the middle.

You can, but rarely done these days. I know he prefers to have 2 up top, though he likes to give freedom to the 2nd guy to drop in, and he likes to have his wide players more tucked in rather than traditional wingers. He prefers quick counter attacks and going through the middle. Either he plays one of them "out of position" on the wing, or he keeps the wide players back more with an extra attacker in the middle.

The way Dyche likes various positions to play and general philosophy, he actually suits a 3 at the back in truth.

The thing is mate, Onana wasn't even starting for us by the end of last season, and with Ndiaye it's likely Doucoure will be deployed as a CM and not a 10. So, maybe Dyche and Thelwell feel he doesn't need to be replaced?
100% get what you mean but on the flip side, it was fairly obvious that SD didn’t rate Onana that much, and still didn’t drop him for the Gana/Garner combination until the end. So I think Dyche will want someone better than them pair in

Hopefully go back in for Florentino Luis

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back