Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Absolutely, the single biggest on-field problem we have right now.

You are both spot on, It’s a crappy situation.we are in tho , which makes recruitment or the kind of players we need, a lot more difficult.

Signing quality proven players with a good record for goals, they cost a significant amount and unfortunately our situation means we have to go another way or try to find diamonds in the rough as it were, maybe like a Brighton or try to do what Moyes did at times. Whoever scouted JB deserves a lot of credit.

It’s frustrating as we desperately lack a cutting edge going forward and I look at some of our recruitment, stats etc and i find it difficult to be excited at times.

We always seem to be missing something or trying to play catch up with previous bad choices or left positions that need sorting too long to be amended so we have to catch up once again.

People are saying we need pace and I agree but what good is pace if there isn’t much end product along with it. We need both.

that’s 87 to fruitcake Zat.

Who was if that wanted 29 year old Tarkowski amongst all the naysayers? Oh yes, it was me.

Who was it that has always championed spending fees on young players as the best teams in the world have been doing -- me again.

Richarlison, Onana and Gordon...major sales for the club and all brought in young.

Yeah, young player development is the best long term path but typically the luxury of the currently better clubs. But hopefully the investing into the likes of Branthwaite, Chermiti, Tim, Garner and the youth signings over the past 2 seasons is finally setting us up for the future.

Purely as a numbers game, youve mentioned 4 players there. A Gnonto or similar gets us to half an outfield 11 which is a positive step forward. Hopefully we make some more moves in that direction.

Under Thelwell we've spent a total of 3m euros on players post 25.

24 and under we've spent 'roughly' - 108m euros.

Only cf is an anomaly were we've spent around 35-38m on two 25yo players - again on this part I am certain this was not part of the structured plan but out of desperation due to DCL being made of paper.

We clearly have a system in place under thelwell

Very impressive aside from Beto & Maupay ;)

Been ages since ive done 1 of these.

State of play currently.

Picko
Patto - Tarks - Branners - Myko
Gana - Garner
Doucs
Harrison - Beto - McNeil
Subs : Virginia, Crellin, Tyrer, Keane, Holgate, Indy, Lindy, Chermo, Dele

Do something Kev FFS.
NDiaye starts over Doucoure, he's not come here to be on the bench, better footballer than Doucoure

Lindstrom could well start on the right as well, and don't forget Chermiti was preferred to Beto at the back of last season - currently DCL starts the season for us as well

I'd also argue Patterson isn't ready, let's hope he improves fast, we need another full back though desperately

Pickford

Coleman/Patterson (New RB required, I'd like Wan Bissaka, think he'd fit a Dyche side perfectly)
Branthwaite
Tarks
Myko

Gana (Expecting Philips to arrive at some point)
Garner

Harrison/Lindstrom (I think Dyche will start with Harrison on the right for the opener regardless)
NDiaye
McNeil

DCL
(Chermiti & Beto remain as cover, Broja will likely be DCLs replacement if he does leave)

I also hope we don't waste wages on Dele Alli, wish him well and move on - he's simply not going to be fit enough, enough of the time

I hear Calvin Philips had a nightmare 45mins for City v Celtic yesterday and was hooked at ht
Think they made 4 changes at half time so switching it up a bit.

I do not think he is ever going to do well in a City side and was always one of those very strange transfers at the time, I think we can all agree.

He needs somewhere were he can find a home, get a good run of games, build up his confidence again and play in his defensive midfield position (something which at City could include CB's or even FB's).

Think they made 4 changes at half time so switching it up a bit.

I do not think he is ever going to do well in a City side and was always one of those very strange transfers at the time, I think we can all agree.

He needs somewhere were he can find a home, get a good run of games, build up his confidence again and play in his defensive midfield position (something which at City could include CB's or even FB's).
I just feel confident in that type of signing, Phillips has quality, lost his way after a big move - it happens

Everton are usually a good place for this type of player, Dyche is the perfect manager for Phillips - he'll ask him to sit, and just play his game, he'll get him fit and give him a run of games, be a good signing for us

NDiaye starts over Doucoure, he's not come here to be on the bench, better footballer than Doucoure

Lindstrom could well start on the right as well, and don't forget Chermiti was preferred to Beto at the back of last season - currently DCL starts the season for us as well

I'd also argue Patterson isn't ready, let's hope he improves fast, we need another full back though desperately

Pickford

Coleman/Patterson (New RB required, I'd like Wan Bissaka, think he'd fit a Dyche side perfectly)
Branthwaite
Tarks
Myko

Gana (Expecting Philips to arrive at some point)
Garner

Harrison/Lindstrom (I think Dyche will start with Harrison on the right for the opener regardless)
NDiaye
McNeil

DCL
(Chermiti & Beto remain as cover, Broja will likely be DCLs replacement if he does leave)

I also hope we don't waste wages on Dele Alli, wish him well and move on - he's simply not going to be fit enough, enough of the time
We know he’s better than doucoure but does dyche ??
I’d bet now if Everyone is fit his starting 11
V Brighton will be
Pickford
Young Branthwaite Tarkowski Myko
Gana Garner
Harrison doucoure McNeil
Striker will depend on DCL
And I hope to god we don’t see Phillips or wan bisaka at Everton

We know he’s better than doucoure but does dyche ??
I’d bet now if Everyone is fit his starting 11
V Brighton will be
Pickford
Young Branthwaite Tarkowski Myko
Gana Garner
Harrison doucoure McNeil
Striker will depend on DCL
And I hope to god we don’t see Phillips or wan bisaka at Everton

Agreed. Dyche will start the season with tried and tested, and the new guys will have to be patient or force their way in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back