Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

NDiaye starts over Doucoure, he's not come here to be on the bench, better footballer than Doucoure

Lindstrom could well start on the right as well, and don't forget Chermiti was preferred to Beto at the back of last season - currently DCL starts the season for us as well

I'd also argue Patterson isn't ready, let's hope he improves fast, we need another full back though desperately

Pickford

Coleman/Patterson (New RB required, I'd like Wan Bissaka, think he'd fit a Dyche side perfectly)
Branthwaite
Tarks
Myko

Gana (Expecting Philips to arrive at some point)
Garner

Harrison/Lindstrom (I think Dyche will start with Harrison on the right for the opener regardless)
NDiaye
McNeil

DCL
(Chermiti & Beto remain as cover, Broja will likely be DCLs replacement if he does leave)

I also hope we don't waste wages on Dele Alli, wish him well and move on - he's simply not going to be fit enough, enough of the time
Ideally, if we bring in Gnonto, he’ll be an option for the right hand side. Then we’ve got Lindstrom and McNeil for the left. If both players come in, it will be interesting to see who starts. McNeil is the only one who I think is guaranteed to start the season in his preferred position come the first game of the season

Never heard of any of them…… any links?

No contradictions whatsoever….. just never given a chance. And is still only 28/29….. young for Everton. He could do a very good job for us on loan.
West Ham fans probably said the same. He’s not who he was at Leeds. That domestic loan slot is very valuable to us, spunking it on Phillips isn’t the play.

Ideally, if we bring in Gnonto, he’ll be an option for the right hand side. Then we’ve got Lindstrom and McNeil for the left. If both players come in, it will be interesting to see who starts. McNeil is the only one who I think is guaranteed to start the season in his preferred position come the first game of the season
I think new signings will probably be introduced slowly and he'll play the best team to get the results. If we can have McNeil, DCL/Beto and Harrison starting the season, that'll be a huge improvement over Iwobi, Maupay and Garner as our attackers last season.

Will be great to have the likes of Ndiaye and Linstrom to initially come off the bench and then we'll see them play more after a few weeks.

Bringing in Gnonto for more options would be great, he played on the left side for Leeds in the PL so could see him there and Lindstrom on the right.

Well he is given a chance, then he completely messes it up, so then he understandably doesn't get loads more chances?
Not sure getting about 300 mins over the course of 8 games (3 starts and 5 sub appearances) after having not played for 2 years is much of a chance!

I think new signings will probably be introduced slowly and he'll play the best team to get the results. If we can have McNeil, DCL/Beto and Harrison starting the season, that'll be a huge improvement over Iwobi, Maupay and Garner as our attackers last season.

Will be great to have the likes of Ndiaye and Linstrom to initially come off the bench and then we'll see them play more after a few weeks.

Bringing in Gnonto for more options would be great, he played on the left side for Leeds in the PL so could see him there and Lindstrom on the right.
Oh yeah, I’m not expecting wholesale changes to the squad first game of the season at all. MAYBE Ndiaye starts given how early he was brought in and how heavily pursued he was over the past 2 summers. But further than that, agreed it will be gradual.

At least they’re in before the season starts!!

We look really weak in central midfield, but we don't seem to be linked with anyone that plays there. We only really have Garner and Gueye that can play deep, and Gueye turns 35 in a couple of months. Surely we need at least one or two more options there

West Ham fans probably said the same. He’s not who he was at Leeds. That domestic loan slot is very valuable to us, spunking it on Phillips isn’t the play.
Understand, but the difference is.... West Ham have Soucek, Alvarez and Ward-prowse for the middle of the park.

We have Garner and Gana.

Not sure who would be the same player after they have been in the wilderness for 2.5 years.

NDiaye starts over Doucoure, he's not come here to be on the bench, better footballer than Doucoure

Lindstrom could well start on the right as well, and don't forget Chermiti was preferred to Beto at the back of last season - currently DCL starts the season for us as well

I'd also argue Patterson isn't ready, let's hope he improves fast, we need another full back though desperately

Pickford

Coleman/Patterson (New RB required, I'd like Wan Bissaka, think he'd fit a Dyche side perfectly)
Branthwaite
Tarks
Myko

Gana (Expecting Philips to arrive at some point)
Garner

Harrison/Lindstrom (I think Dyche will start with Harrison on the right for the opener regardless)
NDiaye
McNeil

DCL
(Chermiti & Beto remain as cover, Broja will likely be DCLs replacement if he does leave)

I also hope we don't waste wages on Dele Alli, wish him well and move on - he's simply not going to be fit enough, enough of the time

We seem to still be getting linked with RB’s so hopefully we get one before the season starts. I think Wan Bissaka is on too much money. Tchatchoua From Verona seems more likely.

I think even when Ndiaye plays Doucoure might still play, probably in place or Gana or Garner.

I think we need 4 CB’s who can actually play and I don’t think Holgate and Keane are in that category. You could maybe get away with one of them in a back four, but 2 of them would be a nightmare. We need at least 1 CB in before the season starts.

I hope we don’t get Broja, I don’t think he fits how we play at all

Also I’m not keen on us signing players for dyche like Philips apparently would suit wan bisaka another terrible shout imo.
I just don’t see dyche being here in another 18 months. And then we could be stuck with players who doesn’t suit the next manager unless you get a dyche mark 11

I think in our financial situation the sporting team should be buying young players and players with talent, who can attack and have speed. If dyche can’t use them or doesn’t know how to, you move him on

Like Ndiaye, Lindstrom, Chermiti Iroegbunam? Strong links to Gnonto across two windows now.

We haven’t signed Phillips or Wan Bissaka. The only ‘Dyche signing’ that Dyche has actually made was Young who is fullback cover on a free transfer. Even Harrison was a player many on here like when he was at Leeds, and again he’s been on loan.

Heard all the same stuff about Branthwaite. Its boring. Maybe wait and see what he actually does before assuming what he will do.

We didn’t buy any of Che Adams Lingard Jay Rodriguez either.

There’s enough bad stuff happening at Everton without inventing it.
Branthwaite is a brilliant talent, you could see that at 17, he was very raw, the way he finished at PSV, most fans thought he’d be in the side last season. His only competition was Keane.

Patterson never go a go, Chermiti only started 1 game when Beto and DCL were both out, dobbin hardly got a kick, even though McNeil and Harrison were stinking the gaff out every week.

So let’s wait and see

We look really weak in central midfield, but we don't seem to be linked with anyone that plays there. We only really have Garner and Gueye that can play deep, and Gueye turns 35 in a couple of months. Surely we need at least one or two more options there
Yeah agree. We were linked heavily with Florentino Luis from Benfica last summer, he might be one we look at again as Thelwell does like to stick to the same targets

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back