Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I don't consider him on a downward trend. He moved clubs, they didn't play him for one season, he's on low wages, and he's 24.

Phillips, 29 in a few months, was last good like... 3 years ago? Public weight issues, very high profile errors just a few months ago at West Ham.

Not even comparable.

Pretty good summation of the two mate.

I don't consider him on a downward trend. He moved clubs, they didn't play him for one season, he's on low wages, and he's 24.

Phillips, 29 in a few months, was last good like... 3 years ago? Public weight issues, very high profile errors just a few months ago at West Ham.

Not even comparable.

Indeed. That's why I'm wondering if the Phillips stuff isn't true and it's just an easy link to make. It doesn't fit our MO this summer at all.

Like Ndiaye, Lindstrom, Chermiti Iroegbunam? Strong links to Gnonto across two windows now.

We haven’t signed Phillips or Wan Bissaka. The only ‘Dyche signing’ that Dyche has actually made was Young who is fullback cover on a free transfer. Even Harrison was a player many on here like when he was at Leeds, and again he’s been on loan.
Dyche would have had a big input on Harrison. Not sure many liked him that much, did ok at Leeds but hardly set the world alight. Spent the majority of his career fighting relegation or in the championship

There's a lot of contradictions in that second paragraph my man :lol:

Maybe someone from here?

I'm also a fan of Ben Sheaf or a Hayden Hackney but price probs too high.

What's your take on Bove at Roma? Or the young Chelsea lad they got from Rennes the other year?

Just going from the two links I think could have something to them given what I feel our model of recruitment is

Ideally, if we bring in Gnonto, he’ll be an option for the right hand side. Then we’ve got Lindstrom and McNeil for the left. If both players come in, it will be interesting to see who starts. McNeil is the only one who I think is guaranteed to start the season in his preferred position come the first game of the season

Lindstrom is not a left winger mate

Branthwaite is a brilliant talent, you could see that at 17, he was very raw, the way he finished at PSV, most fans thought he’d be in the side last season. His only competition was Keane.

Patterson never go a go, Chermiti only started 1 game when Beto and DCL were both out, dobbin hardly got a kick, even though McNeil and Harrison were stinking the gaff out every week.

So let’s wait and see

Really, so there wasn’t a whole bunch of crying on here last season about how Dyche played Keane over Branthwaite for a handful of games when he was getting to full fitness?

The age old argument of Dyche doesn’t play any young players except the obviously good ones? Dyche could have played any of Godfrey Keane Holgate ahead of Branthwaite last season, im sure we could have extended Coady too. Dyche and Thelwell wanted Branthwaite in the team though.

Some posters want to paint this image of Dyche building a dad’s army Brexit ball team of old expensive washed up English has beens. The actual transfers the club are making just don’t support that though so stop trying to make it a thing.

It’s gone from our scouting network probably only look in Wolves and Burnley…..to…ok we’ve bought them but I bet Dyche doesn’t start them….to well of course Dyche played him he’s obviously a brilliant talent but he didn’t play x every game of the season and he’s probably going to buy Lee Bowyer and Stuart Pearce in the next window.

Just give it up already, it’s tiring. Let’s see who we buy, see who Dyche settles on as a first 11, and see how we do this season, hopefully it’s improvement.

Never watched them before mate so unsure.
Seen Bove a little bit, really liked what I saw. Going through his stats etc, he ticks a loss of boxes for the type we seem to want, good pressing stats, good recoveries etc - hard working too and good in possession.

The lad from Chelsea is purely on reading up about him and the obligatory YouTube malarkey - seems very Onana like - which given Onana wasn't seemingly rated they much by Dyche would seem a strange one...

Really, so there wasn’t a whole bunch of crying on here last season about how Dyche played Keane over Branthwaite for a handful of games when he was getting to full fitness?

The age old argument of Dyche doesn’t play any young players except the obviously good ones? Dyche could have played any of Godfrey Keane Holgate ahead of Branthwaite last season, im sure we could have extended Coady too. Dyche and Thelwell wanted Branthwaite in the team though.

Some posters want to paint this image of Dyche building a dad’s army Brexit ball team of old expensive washed up English has beens. The actual transfers the club are making just don’t support that though so stop trying to make it a thing.

It’s gone from our scouting network probably only look in Wolves and Burnley…..to…ok we’ve bought them but I bet Dyche doesn’t start them….to well of course Dyche played him he’s obviously a brilliant talent but he didn’t play x every game of the season and he’s probably going to buy Lee Bowyer and Stuart Pearce in the next window.

Just give it up already, it’s tiring. Let’s see who we buy, see who Dyche settles on as a first 11, and see how we do this season, hopefully it’s improvement.

The main thing I'd say about Dyche that's clear is he demands the right kinda of attitude and work effort from everyone, and if you don't then you'll struggle to get games.

Not gonna say I hate that idea either as we've seen too many half arsed players over the years being out up with here.

It's more about attitude than it is about age (wasn't he starting McNeil at 19/20?), from memory Keane at 21 was starting for him as well - age adverse coaches sure as hell don't trust young centre backs typically.

You’re losing the plot mate
Of course Branthwaite should have been in the team, I was saying exactly that, he’s a superstar and if dyche and Thelwell can’t see that, they shouldn’t be in the Job.

And it was 2 games he played Keane over him and dyche used the fitness excuse, yet played James garner the first game of the season, who’d been at the same tournament. You think what you want but most of us can see it and let’s wait and see want he does this season

Seen Bove a little bit, really liked what I saw. Going through his stats etc, he ticks a loss of boxes for the type we seem to want, good pressing stats, good recoveries etc - hard working too and good in possession.

The lad from Chelsea is purely on reading up about him and the obligatory YouTube malarkey - seems very Onana like - which given Onana wasn't seemingly rated they much by Dyche would seem a strange one...
Would see it as a thelwell move but not sure what the situation is has gone quiet the links of bov and luis.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back