Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

You not want Lindstrom then?

I don't consider him on a downward trend. He moved clubs, they didn't play him for one season, he's on low wages, and he's 24.

Phillips, 29 in a few months, was last good like... 3 years ago? Public weight issues, very high profile errors just a few months ago at West Ham.

Not even comparable.

Kalvin Phillips would be an atrocious signing.

Why sign a player on a very obvious downward trend in the hopes of fixing them over a player on an upwards trend?
Also I’m not keen on us signing players for dyche like Philips apparently would suit wan bisaka another terrible shout imo.
I just don’t see dyche being here in another 18 months. And then we could be stuck with players who doesn’t suit the next manager unless you get a dyche mark 11

I think in our financial situation the sporting team should be buying young players and players with talent, who can attack and have speed. If dyche can’t use them or doesn’t know how to, you move him on

Also I’m not keen on us signing players for dyche like Philips apparently would suit wan bisaka another terrible shout imo.
I just don’t see dyche being here in another 18 months. And then we could be stuck with players who doesn’t suit the next manager unless you get a dyche mark 11

I think in our financial situation the sporting team should be buying young players and players with talent, who can attack and have speed. If dyche can’t use them or doesn’t know how to, you move him on

I don't know if Dyche makes it past Christmas myself.

Kalvin Phillips would be an atrocious signing.

Why sign a player on a very obvious downward trend in the hopes of fixing them over a player on an upwards trend?
Who would be your choice for CM?

IMO Phillips is an upgrade on what we currently have, and I think he would do well here.... wouldn't say he is on a downwards trend.... his trend is non-existent as never got the chance at City and never really got started at West Ham due to those high profile errors.

The lack of respect for the job Dyche has done for Everton astounds me.
I think you can have respect for him, but also say the football is horrible to watch.
There’s only a short window, of what our fans will put up with, especially with the new ground. Even if we’re finishing 12th

Who would be your choice for CM?

IMO Phillips is an upgrade on what we currently have, and I think he would do well here.... wouldn't say he is on a downwards trend.... his trend is non-existent as never got the chance at City and never really got started at West Ham due to those high profile errors.

There's a lot of contradictions in that second paragraph my man :lol:

Maybe someone from here?

Ao Tanaka
Rocco Reitz
Anton Stach
Eric Martel
Johnny Cardoso
Senne Lynen
Habib Keita

I'm also a fan of Ben Sheaf or a Hayden Hackney but price probs too high.

There's a lot of contradictions in that second paragraph my man :lol:

Maybe someone from here?

I'm also a fan of Ben Sheaf or a Hayden Hackney but price probs too high.
Never heard of any of them…… any links?

No contradictions whatsoever….. just never given a chance. And is still only 28/29….. young for Everton. He could do a very good job for us on loan.

Obviously we’re back to an owner situation
But some of our fans who think he will be starting Gnoto ( If we buy him), Ndiaye, Indstrom and Patterson every week. Are going to be in for a shock

Heard all the same stuff about Branthwaite. Its boring. Maybe wait and see what he actually does before assuming what he will do.

We didn’t buy any of Che Adams Lingard Jay Rodriguez either.

There’s enough bad stuff happening at Everton without inventing it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back